EDHS Bulletin

El Diamante High School Daily Bulletin edhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Mon Aug 20 14:45:21 PDT 2018

[cid:image001.png at 01D43894.6BECE6F0][cid:image002.jpg at 01D43894.6BECE6F0][cid:image003.jpg at 01D43894.6BECE6F0]
El Diamante High School
A California Distinguished School & Home of the Miners!
Daily Bulletin

August 21, 2018

CAMPUS INFORMATION

Student Attendance - If you need to call Attendance to clear an absence or have your student released for an appointment, please call your Attendance person directly using the information below:

All 12th Grade Students

Grades 9-11
Last Names A-K

Grades 9-11
Last Names L-Z

Mrs. Gomez
735-3516

Mrs. Stack
735-3501

Mrs. Gates
735-3517

*         Miner Emporium:  Come by the Miner Emporium (student store) and check out the new gear. We have beanies, bucket hats, hoodies and t-shirts with our new logo. Get them while supplies last.

*         The Marines will be on campus on Mondays in the quad area, the Army will be on campus on Tuesdays in front of the Career Center, the Navy and National Guard will be on campus on Wednesdays in front of the Career Center.

STUDENT NOTES

*         Students: The last day to make changes to your schedule will be Friday, August 31st.

*         It's picture time!  It will be the same process as last year -- all underclassmen pictures (along with ID cards printed and given out) will be taken over two days; Wednesday, August 22 and Thursday, August 23.  We are going to coordinate School pictures through 9th Grade PE and 10th and 11th grade English classes. Students please bring your picture packets back to school on picture day. All students are required to have their pictures taken for the yearbook and to receive this year's ID card, even if the students do not want to purchase pictures. The Gym doors will be OPENED during Picture Day for students to come in and reprint, if all they need is their ASB Stickers.

*         Tulare County College Night: will be September 11, 2018 from 5:30-8:00 PM at the International Agri-Center. There will be informational sessions on the following topics: College and University Admissions, Financial Aid, and Scholarship Opportunities. For more information please see the attached flyer.

*         Students, if you need to request a Pink Slip, please go to Mrs. Springer's room 318.  You can put in a request to get your Pink Slip before school, during homeroom, and during lunch. Please allow 3 days for processing before picking it up. We will no longer issue Pink Slips in the Student Services office.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Grades 9-11 Picture Day in 9th Grade PE classes and 10-11 English Classes

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Senior Sunrise - EDHS Track @ 6:00 AM

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Grades 9-11 Picture Day in 9th Grade PE classes and 10-11 English Classes

Friday, August 24, 2018

Ice Breaker Dance - EDHS Pool @ 5:30PM - 8:00 PM

Monday, August 27, 2018

Back to School Night - EDHS @ 6:00 PM

Friday, August 31, 2018

Homecoming Rally

Friday, August 31, 2018

Homecoming Game vs. Paso Robles (Queen Announced)

SPORTS

Week of August 20th -April 25th

Sport

Levels

Day

Date

Opponent/Destination

Out of Class

Bus Leaves

Return

Girls Tennis

All

Mon.

8/20

Edison @ Edison

2:00

2:30

8:00

Boys Water Polo

All

Tues

8/21

Strathmore @ Home

--

--

--

Girls Water Polo

All

Tues

8/21

Strathmore @ Home

--

--

--

Volleyball

All

Tues.

8/21

Ridgeview @ Home

--

--

n/a

Girls Tennis

All

Wed.

8/22

Madera @ Home

3:00

--

--

Girls Golf

All

Thur.

8/23

Monache @ River Island

12:00

Van

TBA

Volleyball

All

Thur.

8/23

Exeter @ Exeter

2:25

2:45

10:00

Girls Water Polo

All

Thur.

8/23

Porterville @ Porterville

2:00

2:30

TBA

Boys Water Polo

All

Thur.

8/23

Porterville @ Porterville

--

4:00

9:30

Football

Frosh

Thur.

8/23

Tulare Union @ Mission Oak

2:30pm

3:00pm

8:00pm

Football

JV

Fri.

8/23

Tulare Union @ Tulare Union

2:30pm

3:00pm

10:00pm

Football

Varsity

Fri.

8/23

Tulare Union @ Tulare Union

--

4:30pm

10:00pm

Cheer

All

Fri.

8/23

Tulare Union @ Tulare Union

3:00

3:30

11:00pm

Boys Water Polo

JV

Fri-Sat

8/248/25

Lemoore Tour

All Day

TBA

TBA

SENIOR NOTES

2018-2019 Senior Check List
Check

Important Event

Date

Senior Portrait - Summer - Call Essence @ 741-1257

Immediately

Miner Roundup - Senior Portraits Taken

August 9

Senior Sunrise

August 23

Senior Portrait Make-ups

October 2

Senior Panoramic Picture

October 18

Last day to order yearbook w/name imprint

January 28

Order Cap, Gown and Announcements  - Civics/Econ

October 29

Last day to order Senior Ad to place in yearbook

January 29

Grad Nite (Tentative)

May 17

PARENT NOTES