EDHS Bulletin for Thursday 9/6/18

El Diamante High School Daily Bulletin edhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Wed Sep 5 15:20:59 PDT 2018

[cid:image001.png at 01D4452C.0C9F48B0][cid:image002.jpg at 01D4452C.0C9F48B0][cid:image003.png at 01D4452C.0C9F48B0]
El Diamante High School
A California Distinguished School & Home of the Miners!
Daily Bulletin

Thursday- September 6, 2018

CAMPUS INFORMATION

Student Attendance - If you need to call Attendance to clear an absence or have your student released for an appointment, please call your Attendance person directly using the information below:

All 12th Grade Students

Grades 9-11
Last Names A-K

Grades 9-11
Last Names L-Z

Mrs. Gomez
735-3516

Mrs. Stack
735-3501

Mrs. Gates
735-3517

·         Miner Emporium:  Come by the Miner Emporium (student store) and check out the new gear. We have beanies, bucket hats, hoodies and t-shirt with our new logo. Get them while supplies last.

·         The Marines will be on campus on Mondays in the quad area, the Army will be on campus on Tuesdays in front of the Career Center, the Navy will be on campus on Wednesdays in front of the Career Center, and the National Guard will in front of the Career Center to answer any questions you may have.

STUDENT NOTES

.

·         This year's all school musical is an exciting murder mystery titled "Curtains!" Musical workshops will be held on Friday September 7 for all grades and Tuesday September 11 for 10th-12th grades in the choir room during homeroom. Come see Mr. Witt in the choir room for a pass. Everyone is welcome!

·         Attention Juniors and Seniors who are thinking of playing sports in College. You must register with the NCAA Eligibility Center to be eligible to participate. Students must be enrolled in a certain number of academic courses in high school to qualify to play at the college level. Qualifications vary based off of the division in which your college participates in athletics. See your Learning Director if you have questions or concerns.

·         Juniors: Jostens will be on campus to present class rings to your homeroom classes next Friday, September 14th. Orders will take place at Junior/Senior parent night on September 20th.

·         Students if you need to request a DMV Pink Slip, please go to Mrs. Springer's room 318 with your transcript. You can put in a request to get your Pink Slip before school, during homeroom, and during lunch. Please allow 2 school days for processing before picking it up. We will no longer issue Pink Slips in the Student Services office.

·         Tulare County College Night will be September 11, 2018 from 5:30-8:00 PM at the International Agri-Center. There will be informational sessions on the following topics: College and University Admissions, Financial Aid, and Scholarship Opportunities. For more information, please see the attached flyer.

·         Juniors and Seniors: We are going to start having college and University visits soon. If you are interested in attending these presentations please see the schedule below:

COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY VISITS

Juniors & Seniors
Sign-ups are available in the Student Services Office, space is limited.
Date

Time

College/University

Tuesday, September 11th

Homeroom

Biola University

Tuesday, September 11th

2:00-3:00 PM

University of San Francisco

Thursday, September 13th

Homeroom

University of CA, Santa Barbara

Thursday, September 13th

2:15-3:15 PM

University of CA, Los Angeles

Tuesday, September 18th

Homeroom

Westmont College

UPCOMING EVENTS

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

College Night - International Agri-Center @ 5:30 PM

Friday, September 14, 2018

Josten's Class Ring Presentation to JR Homerooms in the gym

Monday, September 17, 2018

Staff Development Schedule

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Freshman/Sophomore Parent Night - EDHS Library - 6:00 PM

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Junior/Senior Parent Night - EDHS Theatre - 6:00 PM

Friday, September 21, 2018

End of Grading Period 1

UPCOMING FUNDRAISERS

CLUB /ORG.

FUNDRAISER

STARTING DATE

ENDING DATE

ADVISOR EMAIL

Choir

Coupon Book Sales

8/23/2018

9/6/2018

jwitt at vusd.org<mailto:jwitt at vusd.org>

Cheer

Tumbler / Cookie Dough

9/4/2018

9/11/2018

mskadan at vusd.org<mailto:mskadan at vusd.org>

Cross Country

Fan Cloth Sales

9/3/2018

9/15/2018

mjimenez03 at vusd.org<mailto:mjimenez03 at vusd.org>

Cross Country

Jog-a-Thon

9/17/2018

9/28/2018

mjimenez03 at vusd.org<mailto:mjimenez03 at vusd.org>

Orchestra

Cookie Dough

9/17/2018

10/1/2018

lfritz at vusd.org<mailto:lfritz at vusd.org>

SENIOR NOTES

·         Seniors interested in applying for a UC; stop by student services to sign up for our UC application workshops. There will be two sessions on Tuesday, September 25th. One will be at 9:00 A.M. and the other at 11 A.M.

·         The Fresno State Ambassador will be on campus every other Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., beginning September 6th.  If you need help or have questions about your CSU applications, special programs, or just general questions about the CSU system, sign up with Ms. Reynolds in Student Services to make an appointment.

·         College of the Sequoias will be on campus for an informational meeting on Wednesday, September 25th and Thursday, September 26th. They will be going over their application, financial aid, and what steps need to be taken to register for classes for the Fall 2019 semester. Senior students will be attending the presentation with their homeroom classes.

·         Seniors below are some important dates:

Senior Check List
Check

Important Event

Date

Senior Portrait - Summer - Call Essence @ 741-1257

Immediately

Miner Roundup - Senior Portraits Taken

August 9

Senior Sunrise

August 23

Senior Portrait Make-ups

October 2

Senior Panoramic Picture

October 18

Last day to order yearbook w/name imprint

January 28

Order Cap, Gown and Announcements  - Civics/Econ

October 29

Last day to order Senior Ad to place in yearbook

January 29

Grad Nite (Tentative)

May 17

CLUB NOTES

·         All students eligible for CSF can stop by our Club Rush booth to get a copy of the CSF application. Applications will also be available in room 608, 609, 617, and the library starting on September 5. Students can sign up for CSF from September 10 - September 14 in the gym during lunch only. You need the completed application, a copy of your transcript, and $5. See Mr. Perez in room 617 with any questions.

SPORTS

Week of September 4th-September 8th

Sport

Levels

Day

Date

Opponent/Destination

Out of Class

Bus Leaves

Game Time

Return

Boys Water Polo

All

Tues

9/4

Kingsburg @ Home

--

--

6:30pm (V)
7:30 (JV)

--

Girls Water Polo

All

Tues

9/4

Kingsburg @ Home

3:00 JV

--

5:30pm (V)
4:30 (JV)

--

Volleyball

All

Tues.

9/4

Mission Oak @ Mission Oak

2:30

3:00

4:30(Frosh)

10:00

Girls Tennis

All

Tues.

9/4

Lemoore @ Home

3:00

--

4:00

--

Girls Golf

All

Wed.

9/5

Bullard @ Riverside Golf Course

11:30

12:00 Van

2:00

TBA

Girls Golf

All

Thur.

9/6

WYL #1 @ Valley Oak

12:30

Van

2:00

TBA

Girls Tennis

All

Thur.

9/6

Mt. Whitney @ Mt. Whitney

2:30

3:00

4:00

--

Football

Frosh

Thur.

9/6

Dinuba @ Dinuba

2:30

3:00

5:00pm

--

Football

JV

Fri.

9/7

Dinuba @ Dinuba

2:30

3:00

5:00pm

10:00pm

Football

Varsity

Fri.

9/7

Dinuba @ Dinuba

--

4:30pm

7:30pm

10:00pm

Volleyball

Varsity

Fri/Sat

9/7, 9/8

Golden Valley Tour.

TBA

Vans

TBA

TBA

Girls Tennis

Varsity

Fri/Sat

9/7, 9/8

Clovis Tour

TBA

Vans

TBA

TBA

Cross Country

All

Sat

9/8

Kingsburg 2-Mile @ Kingsburg

n/a

6:00am

8:00am

TBA

Girls Water Polo

JV

Fri./Sat

9/7,9/8

Lemoore Tour

TBA

TBA

TBA

TBA

PARENT NOTES

·         Attention Parents: To purchase Miner Swag please visit the EDHS Fan store on the EDHS Website.
http://vusd.org/ElDiamante

·         Please join us at our first PTSA meeting of the year on Monday, September 10 at 5:30 pm in the Library! Parents, students and staff are welcome as we come together to make El Diamanté a great place to be! We will hear from the Principal and student leadership, as well as a special guest speaker, Officer Zeig, our campus police. You don't want to miss it!

·         Parents please join us for Freshman/Sophomore Parent Night on Tuesday, September 18th at 6:00pm in the EDHS Library. We will discuss important topics including College Systems, A-G vs. Graduation Requirements, Testing and Parent Resources.

·         Parents: Junior/Senior Parent Night will be on Thursday, September 20th at 6:00pm in the EDHS Theatre. We will discuss important topics including graduation requirements, college workshops, financial aid, and attendance just to name a few. There will be a representative from College of the Sequoias to answer any questions you may have. Jostens will also be present to take JUNIOR class ring orders.