EDHS Bulletin

El Diamante High School Daily Bulletin edhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Tue Oct 27 09:14:17 PDT 2020

[cid:image005.png at 01D6AC41.A8194B50][cid:image003.jpg at 01D6AC40.7EDFAA00][cid:image004.png at 01D6AC40.7EDFAA00]
El Diamante High School
A California Distinguished School & Home of the Miners!
Daily Bulletin

Tuesday - October 27th, 2020

VUSD Announces Grab-n-Go Meals Services
Meal Service will continue during this school year but ONLY on THURSDAYS at two service times: 10AM - 12PM and 5PM - 7PM. Breakfast and lunch will be provided for the entire week. Click here<https://www.vusd.org/Page/18453> for resources and/or more information.

CAMPUS INFORMATION

Student Attendance - If you need to call Attendance to clear an absence or have your student excused for an appointment, please call the Attendance office directly at 735-3501.

STUDENT NOTES

New Announcements:

*         Hello PTSA members! Attached you will find the Fundraising letters that you can send to any businesses or friends/relatives you know that would be willing to donate to the PTSA Holiday Care Packages Fund. Also, to join the Pampered Chef fundraiser click here<https://www.facebook.com/groups/2690403524553035/?ref=share>! Since we cannot raise funds at the school with classroom competitions, etc., this is our only way to raise funds this year. Please consider helping by encouraging others to donate, and even sending a donation yourself! Any amount is appreciated. Instructions are in the attached letter as to where to send the donations. Thank you so much for being a part of something GOOD!

*         The Yearbook theme for the week is "Halloween." Here is the link to this week's Google Form where students can submit photos and answer interview questions: https://forms.gle/WzUSJaL2yhyVvwNUA. The form can be filled out on chromebooks or phones. Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos and hearing how everyone is doing!
Previous Announcements:

*         College Application season is here. We have available resources for launching your UC, CSU, Community College and FAFSA applications through CCGI. This is the best way for Mrs. Garcia to be able to assist you with monitoring what you have submitted. Please remember to launch your applications through your California College account. Reach out to Mrs. Garcia<mailto:mgarcia02 at vusd.org> if you have questions about this process.

*         College T-shirt Tuesday! Support the College Application season by wearing a college T-shirt to your Zoom classes every Tuesday until January 2021!

*         COS Concurrent Enrollment Spring 2021 registration will open on December 7th, 2020 through January 10th, 2021. If you plan on enrolling into a COS class concurrently this Spring 2021, you MUST fill out proper paperwork and have your Learning Director approve your class. Please see the attached Spring Registration Calendar and contact you Learning Director if you have any questions!

*         ASVAB Test: Due to the pandemic and the campus being closed, we are NOT able to administer the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test on site. In order to still take the ASVAB test at the Visalia office location, you MUST:

o   Be 17 years old and have parent permission

o   Contact our representative, Staff Sergeant David E. Sanders by email: david.e.sanders48.ml at mail.mil<mailto:david.e.sanders48.ml at mail.mil> or by phone: Office# 559-627-1906 Cell# 559-309-5427 to make an appointment.

*         Class of 2024: In hopeful anticipation of athletics running in late December, we need to get names of all 9th graders interested in athletics. Please click here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSes_zVnhONIL-gc1Ig67P2o_2FtArIYpZhnmmz6pyZGZ3vTHQ/viewform> to complete this survey.

*         Students interested in getting their DMV pink slip, please click here<https://www.vusd.org/Page/18235> to put in a request for one. Please allow one week for processing.

*         A message from our librarian- Hi to all of our EDHS students! We would love for you to view our Schoology site and request a library book or two or three. Our plan is as follows: Print requests, fill requests, check books out and have them available by the following morning. We will email you when your books are ready. All you will need to do is stop by the attendance office and pick them up! We are excited to hear from you soon.....Mrs. Evaro and Mrs. Coppola.

*         Join the VUSD Equity Instagram Page by following vusd_equity.

*         VUSD Social Emotional Wellness provides resources for students and families during this time. Please click here<https://sites.google.com/vusd.us/sel-resources-covid-19/home> to be directed to the website.

*         PSAT Testing Date has been moved to January 26th, 2021. More information to come as we receive updates from College Board. Contact Mr. Elms at 735-3511 if you have any questions.

SENIOR NOTES

*         Seniors! Please check out the updated district website for resources on college application season here<https://sites.google.com/vusd.us/vusd-ccr/college-career-readiness>!

*         All College and Career Presentations will take place primarily through our District Offices College and Career Readiness Department. To keep updated on college presenters, please reference this website by clicking here<https://www.smore.com/hr9k3f-college-and-career-newsletter?ref=email>.

*         Senior Students are able to order their Cap and Gown for our 2021 Graduation right now or wait until October 28th for the virtual presentation in Homeroom. If you prefer to order now, students and parents can put in an order the following ways:

o   Jostens.com

o   Mail the order to the local office

o   Place the order in person at the local Visalia office at 1222 W. Murray Ave

?  They have extended their office hours in October and early November on Tuesday and Thursdays from 10AM-7PM. They are also open on Saturdays from 10AM-3PM in addition to their regular Monday/Wednesday/Friday hours from 10AM-5PM.

PLEASE CLICK HERE<https://www.canva.com/design/DAEJGkfoFKI/3SOK5zL5v6wuDf1ceDoPFQ/view> FOR
SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION

SPORTS

Athletics continue to be suspended until further notice.

*         Athletic Conditioning will start for Fall Sports (Cross Country, Water Polo, Volleyball, Football, and Cheer) on Monday, October 5th. If you have not been contacted by your coach, please contact the coach or the athletic director at jkiser at vusd.org<mailto:jkiser at vusd.org> for further information. Go Miners!

*         Attention Juniors and Seniors who are thinking of playing sports in College. You MUST register with the NCAA Eligibility Center to be eligible to participate. Students must be enrolled in a certain number of academic courses in High School to qualify at the college level. Qualifications vary based on the division in which your College participates in athletics. Speak with your Learning Director if you have any questions or concerns.

PARENT NOTES

*         El Diamante School Marquee messages are available to purchase for $50 a week. Say Happy Birthday or Congratulations to your student. Call the office at 735-3501 if interested.

*         Congratulate your Senior with a Yearbook AD! Send a message to your graduating Senior that will last forever. Get them an ad in the Senior section of the Yearbook. This year, because of Distance Learning, Senior ads will be created and paid for on jostens.com. Just go to the website, search El Diamante, and follow the instructions. Also, please fill out the attached form and send a picture to Mr. Abbott (mabbott at vusd.org<mailto:mabbott at vusd.org>) so the yearbook team knows who is planning on doing a Senior ad.

*         Attention Parents: If you are interested in requesting a meeting with your student's Learning Director, please click here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf6XA-y6eXNQXmWSbLd1KB9JU2aSLXVgpnEuDvV2_lxJNgI6Q/viewform> to fill out the appointment request form.

*         Attention Parents: To purchase Miner Swag please visit the EDHS Fan store on the EDHS Website.
http://vusd.org/ElDiamante