EDHS Bulletin for Tuesday 8/31/21

El Diamante High School Daily Bulletin edhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Mon Aug 30 16:12:00 PDT 2021

[cid:image007.png at 01D79DB9.C02C2C70][cid:image003.jpg at 01D79DB9.A2C7C270][cid:image004.png at 01D79DB9.A2C7C270]
El Diamante High School
A California Distinguished School & Home of the Miners!
Daily Bulletin

Tuesday - August 31st, 2021

[cid:image008.png at 01D79DB9.C02C2C70]

CAMPUS INFORMATION

Student Attendance - If you need to call Attendance to clear an absence or have your student released for an appointment, please call your Attendance person directly using the information below:

All 12th Grade Students
Grades 9-11
Last Names A-K
Grades 9-11
Last Names L-Z
Mrs. Molina<mailto:rmolina at vusd.org>
735-3516
Mrs. Cervantes<mailto:ncervantes at vusd.org>
735-3501
Mrs. Gonzales<mailto:agonzales03 at vusd.org>
735-3517

STUDENT NOTES

TODAY:

*         We now have weightlifting available in the after-school XL Program. We will be weightlifting from 3:30-4:30 PM after school on Tuesday's and Thursday's. If you would like to learn how to weightlift, or would like to utilize our equipment in the weight room, please join Mrs. Panuco (Miss Emerson) after school on the designated days!

*         ***Attention*** Boys Basketball Player meeting will be held TODAY, August 31st from 3:30-4:00 PM in Room 309. We will discuss September and October workouts and our plan of action moving into season. Go Miners!

*         Gay Straight Alliance meeting TODAY at lunch in Room 364! Pick up your lunch and come on over.

NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS:

*         Monday, September 6th is Labor Day. There will be NO SCHOOL on Monday.

*         Interested in joining Mock Trial? There will be an informational meeting this Friday in Room 357 at lunch.

*         FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes will be having their first meeting in the GYM on Thursday, September 2nd at lunch.

*         The Interact Club will be holding its first meeting of the year during lunch this Thursday, September 2nd, in room 311. If you are interested in community service stop by room 311 at lunch on Thursday to learn more about the club.

*         There will be a Girls' Soccer Meeting, Wednesday September 8th after school in Room 312. If you are interested in trying out for the team, please make sure to attend, there will be important information given for the upcoming season.

OLD ANNOUNCEMENTS:

*         CSF Applications for the Fall Semester are now available in the Student Services office, in the Library, Room 608, 609, and 617. Deadline for submission is Friday, September 3rd. Reminder: members must re-apply each semester that they qualify.

*         Attention Miners! The EDHS Picture Day schedule is below. Picture packets are available in all of the El Diamante offices.

     *   If you are a Senior and need a student ID card; you will go over to the photo booth (by the 700 building) either on 9/7 or 9/8 during your Civics/Econ class. Each Civics/Econ teacher will have an assigned time.

Grade Level
Picture Day
Time & Location
10th & 11TH Grade
Tuesday, September 7TH & Wednesday, September 8th
All day on campus during English
9th Grade
Wednesday, September 29th
All day on campus during P.E.

*         Yearbook Announcement: If you ordered a Yearbook last year and did not receive it, please stop by Mr. Abbott's room 603. We still have last year's Yearbooks on sale for $95 in room 603.

*         The 22nd Annual U-CAN HBCU Recruitment Fair will take place Saturday, September 18th, 2021 from 10AM-1:30PM. This will take place at Buchannan High School in the GYM. If you are interested in attending this event, click here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe7w4gcKOS6NsPtspZc-B4TDYIsN6nWtiRR8ZE8gtUr67lAhg/viewform> for the interest form. Please complete the interest form by Friday, September 3rd. For more information, click here<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LXv9haxPLqkUE5u6kF6FCp26GjrOKbJp/view?usp=sharing> for the flyer or contact Ms. Ronda Turney at 559-355-0363.

*         CAL GRANT OPT OUT: With the implementation of Assembly Bill 2160, California public high schools are required to submit a Cal Grant high school Grade Point Average (GPA) for all graduating Seniors, unless the student or parent has opted out of the submission process. If you do not want El Diamante High School to report a GPA, please pick up the Opt Out Form in the Student Services office before October 1st.

*         Students if you need a DMV Pink Slip, click here<https://www.vusd.org/Page/18235> to put in a Pink Slip Request. Please allow 1-3 school days for processing. You will be notified via email when it is ready for pick-up.

*         Work Permits are processed in the El Diamante Student Services Office. Once the student, parent and employer have filled out the application, please turn the completed work permit in to Ms. Reynolds<mailto:treynolds at vusd.org> in Student Services. Please allow 1-3 school days for processing. Click here<https://www.vusd.org/Page/18707> for more information or to download the work permit application.

SENIOR NOTES

*         Hello Seniors! If you would like to use your own photo for your Senior Yearbook picture, please email the photo and your full name to mabbott at vusd.org<mailto:mabbott at vusd.org>. The photo needs to be from your shoulders on up and everything in the picture needs to be school appropriate. THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO IS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH. If you have any questions, please visit room 603.

*         Hey Seniors!  Quick update about Senior Pictures.  If you are using Essence, it is ok if your pictures are past the September 15th deadline. But, if you are taking your own picture, then we need them before September 15th because we need time to format them correctly for the yearbook.  If you have any questions, please stop by room 603 or email Mr. Abbott, our Yearbook teacher, at mabbott at vusd.org<mailto:mabbott at vusd.org>.

PLEASE CLICK HERE<https://www.canva.com/design/DAEJGkfoFKI/3SOK5zL5v6wuDf1ceDoPFQ/view?utm_content=DAEJGkfoFKI&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=sharebutton> FOR ALL
SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION

SPORTS

Click HERE<https://www.vusd.org/domain/801> for all EDHS Athletic information and schedules.

PARENT NOTES

*         Attention Basketball Parents - There will be an informational meeting via Zoom on Tuesday, August 31st at 7:00 PM to discuss the upcoming season, fundraising, player workouts, and at this time I can answer any questions parents might have. The Zoom link will be sent to both parents and students' emails. Can't wait to see you there - Go Miners!!!!

*         Attention Parents: If you are interested in requesting a meeting with your student's Learning Director, please fill out the appointment request form by clicking here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc5XdMCZS2NEPDva07hubWxmEMolkpAvl1Jpiea0XMqnte9OQ/viewform>.

*         Attention Parents: To purchase Miner Swag please visit the EDHS Fan store on the EDHS Website.
http://vusd.org/ElDiamante