[GAMS-Bulletin] Weekly Bulletin

De La Cruz, Rosalinda rdelacruz01 at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Mar 2 16:38:41 PST 2018

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D3B244.EC727280]                     Green Acres Middle School         [cid:image003.png at 01D3B244.EC727280]

            Weekly Bulletin
Monday 3/5 - Friday 3/9                                                     Make each day your masterpiece. ~ John Wooden

                [cid:image008.png at 01D3B244.EC727280]

                [cid:image009.png at 01D3B244.EC727280]
        [cid:image010.png at 01D3B244.EC727280]
                [cid:image011.png at 01D3B244.EC727280]

:

Intro:
Good Morning Green Acres!

Spring Dance:
Spring Dance is this Friday, March 9th  from 3:30-5pm. Tickets will be sold for $5.00 from Monday - Wednesday and $7.00 dollars Thursday and Friday, buy an A&W Root beer float coupon for $3.00 when you buy your ticket & get a free popcorn.

CJSF:
CJSF is having a meeting on Tuesday, March 6th during both lunches. Please bring your lunch and come join us in room 8. -Mrs. Murphy

PTSA GAMS Fundraiser:
March 7th is a PTSA Blaze Pizza Fundraiser from 5pm to 10pm, location is 2005 S. Mooney Blvd. Your student has been given a flyer to take home. We will receive 20% of sales that day to go towards the Water Stations, Adventure Park Dance and Fun Day. We would like to thank you in advance for supporting our school.

Popcorn Fundraiser:
Students: We are selling Popcornopolis for $10.00 or $17 a bag. The sale will run from Friday, March 1st, to Tuesday, March 20th. Popcorn pick up will be after Spring Break on April 4th at the end of the day in the Murphy Center. This will help raise funds to provide programs, award assemblies and end of the year activities for each grade level at Green Acres. We hope students that you participate in this fundraiser to make it a success!

School Dance:

Our last ALL school Charger Dance will be on Friday March 9th from 330-5! Walk the Red Carpet and enjoy the Hollywood Action at the dance! We will have A&W VIP Root beer floats available to purchase for $3 when you buy your dance ticket. If you buy your VIP A&W coupon ahead of time, you will also get a coupon for a FREE Dance Movie theater popcorn donated by Regal Cinemas! Dance tickets will be on sale starting March 5th through the 9th. If you buy your ticket Monday, Tues. or Wed. the cost is $5. If you wait until Thursday or Friday the cost goes up to $7. Buy your ticket early and save money! (If you don't go to the dances because you don't have money available to buy a ticket- please see Mrs. Montgomery. You can also use your Heart points to buy Dance tickets!) We want all of our Chargers at the dance!! $8 gets you a ticket, an A&W Root beer float, and a FREE Regal Movie Theater popcorn for the dance!

Redwood:

INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED DANCE AUDITIONS: Tuesday, March 6th 5:00-6:00 p.m. in the dance room.  This audition is for incoming 8th graders and students that are not already enrolled in a Redwood dance class.  Students should wear dance attire & jazz shoes.  Bring the completed packet with you to auditions.  Students will be placed into one of the following classes:  Introduction to Dance, Intermediate Dance or Advanced Dance.  *Dance fulfills Visual and Performing Arts requirement freshmen year, students must also enroll in PE.  Dance fulfills 2nd year PE requirement sophomore year.

DANCE TEAM AUDITION INFORMATION *Dance Team (Dance Force) 8th Grade Orientation/Skills Screening Tuesday, March 6th 6:00 p.m. in the dance room.  This is for 8th graders interested in trying out for the dance team.  Students should wear dance attire & jazz shoes.  *Dance Team (Dance Force) Audition Workshop Tuesday, March 6th 6:20-8:20 p.m.  Dance Team (Dance Force) Auditions Wednesday, March 7th 5:00-8:30 p.m. This audition/workshop is for 8th - 11th grade advanced level dancers. Packets will be available Feb. 9th in Redwood Front Office.  Students should wear solid color dance attire, jazz shoes & hair secured neatly.  Students will be placed into one of the following classes:  Introduction to Dance, Intermediate Dance, Advanced Dance, or Dance Performance (Dance Team) *Dance fulfills Visual and Performing Arts requirement freshmen year, students must also enroll in PE.  Dance fulfills 2nd year PE requirement sophomore year.

INTRODUCTION TO DANCE: Students (boys and girls) are encouraged to sign up for Introduction to Dance as one of their elective options.  No audition is required to enroll in this course.  Students will learn a variety of styles including Hip Hop, jazz, ballet, and tap, modern and social dances such as the swing. (*Boys are encouraged to sign up for the 4th period Introduction to Dance) *Dance fulfills Visual and Performing Arts requirement freshmen year, students must also enroll in PE.  Dance fulfills 2nd year PE requirement sophomore year. Mrs. Michele Lapp Redwood High School Dance Department (2/9-3/7)

PTSA:

PTSA is selling Pizza on Mondays. PTSA is a group of parents, teachers, and students that work to enrich Green Acres in many ways.  We are asking for your help in supporting GAM's PTSA in the joint project with the school to provide the students with a Bottle Filling Stations with refrigerated Drinking Fountains. If interested in donating please see https://www.gofundme.com/gams-ptsa-bottle-filler-fountain      This year also marks the special 60th Anniversary of Green Acres Middle School and there will be a special celebration.

COC:
Christians on campus meeting on campus Wednesday 1st Lunch Mrs. Bailey Rm 4 and 2nd lunch Rm 43 bring a friend.

Yearbook:
Yearbooks are on sale for the low cost of $45. Cherish the memories for a lifetime, buy your yearbook now! Go to jostensyearbooks.com or see Mrs. Gibson in room 43.
Rules to follow:
Students:  School staff will check for dress code every day throughout the day.  DO NOT wear inappropriate clothing.  When in doubt about an item, see an administrator.

Charger Café:
Reimburse Meals are available to All Students at Green Acres M/S during Breakfast & Lunch!
Students, please ask your parents/guardian to put money on your account online-www.MySchoolBucks.com

*Help Wanted @ the 2nd Lunch- We need Student Workers at 2nd Lunch. Requirements- Good Attendance; Parent & Teachers permission. Please ask for Mrs. Yaeger in the cafeteria, if you are interested!

Some cafeteria tips for faster service:
a.        Memorize your student ID number and say your Full name for Breakfast and at Lunch-DO NOT SHARE IT!!
b.        Students-Please have your Money out of your backpacks, Wallets and Be Prepared with what you would like to order in the Ala Carte' Line.
c.        When you finish eating, clean up your trash and place plastic bottles & aluminum cans in green recycling containers.
d.        Students will be dismissed by tables when their trash and table are completely clean.
e.        No food will be allowed in the picnic area or anywhere on the main campus.
f.         Express line at the Murphy Center is only for combos, hot food and sandwiches. No a 'la cart!
[cid:image013.png at 01D3B244.EC727280]

Parents:
Regarding Bulletin if you no longer want to receive information.

March Dates to Remember*:
3/9   Spring Dance 3:30-5pm
3/11 Spring Forward
3/13 SSC Meeting Rm 41 3:30pm