[GWHS-Bulletin] bulletin04.21.17

Cabasa, Nora ncabasa at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Apr 21 07:45:50 PDT 2017

GOLDEN WEST HIGH SCHOOL
HOME OF THE TRAILBLAZERS
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2BA73.4BEE9CE0]
Daily Bulletin - Volume 38; Issue 147
Friday, April 21, 2017

PARENTS AND STUDENTS:

If you are interested in having the bulletin sent to your email on a daily basis please do the following: Go to our Golden West High School Website. Under the left side under the Quick Links column click on the Daily Bulletin-Subscribe/Unsubscribe link. Sign up by entering your email address and setting up a password. Then select Subscribe. You should begin receiving the bulletin beginning the following day.

"Thank you to all the students who auditioned for the graduation speeches and Congrats to our Senior Graduations Speakers! Results have been posted outside the attendance office."

"May the Fourth be With You" Carnival is headed our way!  Plan to stay on campus for lunch on May 4, and be ready to enjoy amazing lunches and desserts such as Panda Express, Jamba Juice, and Amigo's.  You can also treat yourself to a Henna Tattoo from the Art Club!   Support our student organizations on the 4th and STAY ON CAMPUS FOR LUNCH!
Pictures from the Sadie Hawkins Dance are in and ready to be picked up at the attendance desk. You may pick them up during lunch, and before and after school.

Dress Code Policy: Due to the weather getting warmer, no beanies along with no other hats are to be worn on campus. We will be strict on enforcing our dress code policy.

Saturday University will be taking place this Saturday, April 22nd. We will start at 8:00am in the cafeteria and end approximately 12:15pm. This is a great opportunity to increase senior attendance, work on make-up assignments, or get that extra support you need in any class. Invitations will be sent out soon. If you are interested, and would like a meal provided, please return the bottom portion of the invite to the attendance office no later than Thursday, April 20th at lunch. The next Saturday University will be April 29th.

Golden West Illusions Dance Team and Advanced Dance auditions will be next week! Workshops to learn the dance and technique you'll be judged on will be held Tuesday April 25 from 7:30-8:30 and Wednesday April 26 from 3:30-4:30. Auditions will be held Thursday April 27 beginning at 4:00 PM. Workshops and auditions will be held in the new dance studio. Stop by the dance studio for an audition packet and to sign up for your audition time.
Prom flowers are being sold through the Ag Department. Order forms and ribbon colors can be found outside of room AG-3. Order forms and money are due to Mrs. Castle in AG-3 by 3:30 PM on Wednesday, May 3rd. No late orders will be accepted.

A new shipment of Blazer sweatshirts are in the Student Store and they're AWESOME!  Price is $25.  Come by the Store to buy one!

CHOIR NIGHT AT VISALIA CHIPOTLE: Benefiting the: Golden West High School Choir Program TODAY, Friday, April 21, 2017 5:00pm-9:00pm 4219 S. Mooney Blvd. Suite B, Visalia, CA 93277
Grab some dinner and support the GW Choirs Present the attached Flier or the photo from our Facebook or Twitter pages before you order and Choir gets 50% of the proceeds!
Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter:
https://www.facebook.com/GoldenWestHSChoirs/
https://twitter.com/gwhschoirs

Trashion show: Anyone interested in participating in the "TRASHION" Show designs are due Friday, 4/21. Come and find out what needs to be done to submit a design. Anyone can enter and compete. Please see Mr. Vieira in A-3 or Mrs. K in A-9 if interested.

LOST & FOUND:  Come by the attendance office to identify any lost items:  There is clothing, cell phones, keys, and other random items.  Unclaimed items will eventually get donated to The Goodwill.
It's time for our 3rd Annual Visalia River Run on May 6th.  Early registration ends April 1st.
Sign up on Active.com by searching Visalia River Run or ask a band or orchestra student for a registration form. This is also a great team building experience for any clubs and/or sports. If you know any one that would like to be a sponsor of the Visalia River Run please contact Mr. McFarlane or Mr. Sosa.

"The high school attendance incentive program-"It's Cool to Go to School"-is back!  Any student with PERFECT attendance this year is automatically entered into the drawing for a new Nissan Versa, courtesy of the Groppetti Automotive Family.  There are two ways to achieve PERFECT attendance this year; please visit your Attendance Office for contest information.

COUNSELING DEPARTMENT:

UC Berkeley is coming to the Central Valley!  The office of Undergraduate Admissions at UC Berkeley is hosting their annual Berkeley Summer Experience program in Fresno.  Berkeley Summer Experience is an intensive application workshop and information session.  Students can take advantage of admissions workshops, meet admission officers, and learn about majors, activities and services available on campus.  This is a great opportunity to learn more about UC Berkeley.  Applications for this event are open now.  Deadline is April 30, 2017.  For more information see the presentation binder in the Counseling department.

ATTN SOPHOMORE BOYS:  At the end of the year, Scicon is permitting you to be counselors under the same criteria as juniors and seniors.  You must have grades of C or better, good attendance and no discipline issues.  Boys Counselors are always needed for Scicon and May 8 is the last trip of the year!  Please see Mrs. McIntosh in the counseling office to sign up.

CLUBS:

GSA club will be hosting the Day of Silence, Friday, April 21st. The goal of the Day of Silence is to make schools safer for all students, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.  Please be respectful of those who choose to stay silent between classes and before OR after school.

Blue Ribbon Club will have a table out at lunch on Wednesdays to celebrate Child Abuse Prevention Month! Come by to learn how you can help prevent Child Abuse in Tulare County.  Donate a Teddy bear to help children caught up in the court system.

Sports

Attention Wrestlers: Awards banquet is April 21st at 5pm at the Sasaki residence. Dinner will be provided. Please let Coach Morse or Coach Ramos know if you will be able to attend.

Cheer: Golden West Cheer Tryouts are just around the corner! Pick up your cheer packet from Mr. DeLong in the athletic office today. Clinics will be held April 18-20 4-6 PM in the gym. Tryouts will be held Friday April 21st beginning at 4 PM in the gym. If you have questions please see Ms. Cullum in the dance studio.
Athletic Clearance: We are excited to announce that Golden West is now offering online student - athletic clearance through Family ID.  This is a secure and user friendly way to register for our athletic clearance.  We encourage all students who will be participating in our athletic programs next year to be registered before our sports physicals.  All information can be found on the Golden West website .....trailblazerathletics.com then click on Student Athletic Clearance tab.   This form of clearance will now be mandatory along with a current physical.

XL PROGRAM:

Seniors! Make sure you come by the Career Center in the library after school. There are computers you may use. XL's college & career ambassador will be present to help and answer questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you there.

DANCE: Hip Hop Dance with Isaac Saesee meets Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-5:30 in the Dance Room!

SPORTS MEDICINE: Learn how to tend to athletes in Sports Medicine! Class meets Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 3:30-5:30 in the Trainer's Room!

STORIES INCLUDE
- SCICON counselor blogs her experience
- Test Takers Types
- Scott Vieira up close & personal
- Spotlight on FFA State Choir member Jordan Bagliere
- Chace Watson interviews golfer Hayden Cowell

https://goo.gl/5U2UKv

[cid:image002.png at 01D2BA73.4BEE9CE0]

Please subscribe to Blazer Central: http://bit.ly/BlazerCentral
Zane Vieira, Executive Producer
Christian Santoyo, Creative Director
Renato Torres, Sports Chief
Carlos Sanchez, Graphic Manager
Jordan Rowley, News Director
Michael Ayala, News Camera
Antonio Fregoso & Jermo Saevang, Sound Engineer
Emmanuel Soto & Matthew Barrera, Chief Editor
Rylee Yocum & Fidel Moreno, News Anchors
Estrella Velasquez & Fidel Moreno, News Anchors
Julya Marquez, Angie Felix, Anabell Arteaga, Social Media Coordinators

Sincerely,

Nora Cabasa
Secretary II
Golden West High School