[GWHS-Bulletin] Bulletin05.15.17

Cabasa, Nora ncabasa at visalia.k12.ca.us
Mon May 15 08:41:54 PDT 2017

GOLDEN WEST HIGH SCHOOL
HOME OF THE TRAILBLAZERS
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2CD54.FB4CFF80]
Daily Bulletin - Volume 38; Issue 161
Monday, May 15, 2017

PARENTS AND STUDENTS:

As we are near the end of the school year, please be aware that as you pay off any debts or purchase any items, we are unable to accept any checks. We will only be able to accept cash. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.

Golden West Color Guard Auditions are May 15th, 16th, and 18th. They are from 6pm-8pm and are held in the band room (room M5). No experience necessary. See Mr. McFarlane with any questions.

AP CHEMISTRY - If you are signed up for AP Chemistry next year OR are considering signing up for AP Chem, plan to be at a MANDATORY lunch meeting on Tuesday, May 16 in S-4. I will pass out the summer homework and give a brief overview of the course. If you cannot make it, you need to come by my classroom some other time. ~Miss Harmon~

**Please join GW Girls' Basketball on Monday, May 22nd at the Planning Mill for dinner from 5-9. 25% of sales will be donated to the GBB Team**
Golden West High School Choral Arts presents our Spring Show 2017: The Musical World of Disney. Friday, May 19, and Saturday, May 20, 2017. Both
shows are at 7:30 PM at L.J. Williams Theater. GWs Choirs and student soloists performing music from Your Disney Favorites including: Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Brave, Lion King, Newsies, Little Mermaid, Tangled, and more! Student tickets are $5.00. General Admission is $8.

ATTENTION SENIORS: Caps and gowns will be distributed in the front office. If you need to pick up your pre ordered items please see Mrs. Cabasa before school during lunch or after school. Senior Girls: If you did not receive the # 17 on your tassel please bring your tassel to Mrs. Cabasa so that you may exchange your tassel for the one that does include your graduating year number.

It's not too late to join the Saturday University group this weekend. Check in to the cafeteria Saturday morning at 8:00 am and check out all the options you will have. You will have plenty of time to attend SU and get ready for Prom. There are only 2 SU events left this year - make sure you use your time wisely and get that senior attendance up!

Interested in being in the Advanced Drama Class and performing in the school One-Acts? Auditions for the advanced drama class begin May 15th-19th in room M-1. Anyone can audition for the class, no previous experience required. Please sign-up for an audition time slot either at lunch or after school on the door of M-1 if you are interested. The audition requirement is a Shakespeare monologue which you can get from Mr. Anders in room M-1. It is a great experience and a lot of fun!! If you have any questions or concerns please contact Mr. Anders.

"The high school attendance incentive program-"It's Cool to Go to School"-is back!  Any student with PERFECT attendance this year is automatically entered into the drawing for a new Nissan Versa, courtesy of the Groppetti Automotive Family.  There are two ways to achieve PERFECT attendance this year; please visit your Attendance Office for contest information.

POWDER PUFF FOOTBALL - Monday, May 15 @ Groppetti Stadium.  FREE ADMISSION.  Gates Open at 6:00.  Game Time: 7:00.  TACOS GALACTICOS will be serving tacos, churros, drinks, etc. starting at 6:00 PM.

BUFF BALL VOLLEYBALL - Monday, May 22 @ Main Gym.  FREE ADMISSION. Gym Opens at 6:00.  Game Time: 7:00.  Food TBA.
3 on 3 Basketball during lunch in the mini gym. Sign-ups begin today thru Tuesday, May 16th. Sign up with Kao on campus or in the mini gym during lunch.

Clubs:

Hi GSA members and interested allies. The Source is hosting Prom Pride on Friday, May 20th to be held at the Lunch Box restaurant downtown. Tickets are $15/person. See Mrs. K in A-9 if you'd like to go. The club will be able to purchase your tickets, but you need to RSVP by this Friday to get a free ticket. Tickets will go up to $20 at the door the night of the event. See Mrs. K in A-9 if you'd like more information.

Sports:

Athletic Clearance: We are excited to announce that Golden West is now offering online student - athletic clearance through Family ID.  This is a secure and user friendly way to register for our athletic clearance.  We encourage all students who will be participating in our athletic programs next year to be registered before our sports physicals.  All information can be found on the Golden West website .....trailblazerathletics.com then click on Student Athletic Clearance tab.   This form of clearance will now be mandatory along with a current physical.

COUNSELING DEPARTMENT:

The Army Cadets of Visalia will be holding an Open House on Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 5 p.m. at the Boy Scouts office.  For more information please see the presentation binder in the Counseling Dept. or see Mrs. McIntosh.
ATTN JUNIORS & SENIORS: The US Army would like to do a Career presentation, Weds. May 24, 2017 at lunch time for students entering the workforce or planning to further their education.  The presentation is to provide information on career opportunities, collegiate funding and scholarships available in addition to benefits the military provides with service.  If you are interested please sign up in the presentation binder in the Counseling Dept.
SENIORS! Sign-up in the Counseling Center to have your final transcript sent to the college you will be attending in the fall. Fill out the transcript request form and turn it into Mrs. Hall-Registrar before graduation.

XL PROGRAM:

Seniors! Make sure you come by the Career Center in the library after school. There are computers you may use. XL's college & career ambassador will be present to help and answer questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you there.

SPORTS MEDICINE: Learn how to tend to athletes in Sports Medicine! Class meets Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 3:30-5:30 in the Trainer's Room!

Stories Include:
 - Senioritis Horror Movie Trailer
 - Brianna Simon Speaks
 - Norm Phillips Plant Sale ... this weekend ... just sayin'
 - Cesar Maya our Man on Campus talks about Mom
 - Yearbooks are Awesome
 - Mural Dedication Highlights
 - Chace with a Powderpuff Coach face-off and interview with track star Edith Trujillo
https://goo.gl/AKYExD
[cid:image002.png at 01D2CD54.FB4CFF80]
SUBSCRIBE<http://bit.ly/BlazerCentral> to Blazer Central: http://bit.ly/BlazerCentral
Zane Vieira, Executive Producer
Christian Santoyo, Creative Director
Matthew Barrera & Emmanuel Soto, Chief Editor
Renato Torres, Sports Chief
Jordan Rowley, News Director
Michael Ayala, News Camera
Carlos Sanchez, Graphic Manager
Caleb Yanez & Michael Vandergrift, B-roll
Antonio Fregoso & Jermo Saevang, Sound Engineer
Heather Hutchinson, Eli Sanchez, Chace Watson Anchors
Julya Marquez, Angie Felix, Anabell Arteaga, Social Media Coordinators
Matthew Barrera & Harry Thandi, Producer
Omar Gutierrez, Field Reporter
Matthew Nudson, Oli Knels, Logan Dirker, Talent & Location Scout

Sincerely,

Nora Cabasa
Secretary II
Golden West High School