[GWHS-Bulletin] bulletin05.31.17

Cabasa, Nora ncabasa at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue May 30 16:50:58 PDT 2017

GOLDEN WEST HIGH SCHOOL
HOME OF THE TRAILBLAZERS
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2D964.E9346DD0]
Daily Bulletin - Volume 38; Issue 172
Tuesday, May 31, 2017

PARENTS AND STUDENTS:

For the remainder of the school year:  Please pick up your medications in the nurse's office or they will be thrown out.

LOST & FOUND:  Come by the attendance office to identify any lost items:  there is clothing, cell phones, keys, and other random items.  Unclaimed items will eventually get donated to goodwill.
As we are near the end of the school year, please be aware that as you pay off any debts or purchase any items, we are unable to accept any checks. We will only be able to accept cash. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.

Prom pictures are in! Please pick them up before school, after school, and during lunch in the attendance office.

Blazer Central Daily - Ninja Warrior. Subscribe to Blazer Central - http://bit.ly/BlazerCentral

ATTENTION SENIORS:

Seniors walking in the Graduation Ceremony, during the graduation practice, TODAY, May 31st, please park at the North Parking Lot of Mt. Whitney High School on Conyer St. Practice begins at 7 am.  Do not park at Redwood High School.

GRADUATION:  Seniors....be in the Redwood Gym @ 6:00 pm TODAY, May 31st!!!

SENIORS - Tell ALL your family and friends that your 2017 Graduation Ceremony will be streamed live on the Internet for FREE. Visit our Golden West website for details ... http://vusd.org/GoldenWest

Counseling Dept.:
Visalia College Fair is coming to Visalia, Monday, June 12, 2017! The fair will be 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Colleges from across the state will be in attendance to discuss how to make students' college aspirations a reality.

Workshop topics will include:  How to Make a College List, Athletic Recruitment, Selective College Admission, Being a First-Generation College Student, Transfer Admission, Financial Aid and more.  Onsite college counseling and support will be available.  Register at: www.wacacollegefair.com/registration/registration<http://www.wacacollegefair.com/registration/registration>
Flyers are available in the Counseling Dept. (see Mrs. McIntosh).

Sports:

Athletic Clearance: We are excited to announce that Golden West is now offering online student - athletic clearance through Family ID.  This is a secure and user friendly way to register for our athletic clearance.  We encourage all students who will be participating in our athletic programs next year to be registered before our sports physicals.  All information can be found on the Golden West website .....trailblazerathletics.com then click on Student Athletic Clearance tab.   This form of clearance will now be mandatory along with a current physical.

XL PROGRAM:

Seniors! Make sure you come by the Career Center in the library after school. There are computers you may use. XL's college & career ambassador will be present to help and answer questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you there.

SPORTS MEDICINE: Learn how to tend to athletes in Sports Medicine! Class meets Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 3:30-5:30 in the Trainer's Room!

GRADUATION - LIVE STREAM ON THE INTERNET

Blazer Central is not over. Subscribe to Blazer Central and watch NEW, FRESH material each day.
http://bit.ly/BlazerCentral
Stories Include:
 - Senior Farewell
 - Chandler Story wins Auto Competition
 - Powderpuff highlights
 - RJ on Sports ... last athlete standing
 - Last announcements (Choir Show, Blood Drive, Yearbook)
https://goo.gl/X9FMkP
[cid:image002.png at 01D2D964.E9346DD0]
SUBSCRIBE<http://bit.ly/BlazerCentral> to Blazer Central: http://bit.ly/BlazerCentral
Zane Vieira, Executive Producer
Christian Santoyo, Creative Director
Matthew Barrera & Emmanuel Soto, Chief Editor
Tristan Turner, Sports Chief
Jordan Rowley, News Director
Michael Ayala, News Camera
Carlos Sanchez, Graphic Manager
Caleb Yanez & Michael Vandergrift, B-roll
Antonio Fregoso & Jermo Saevang, Sound Engineer
Estrella Velasquez, Paige Stewart, Rylee Yocum, Robert Ortega, Fidel Moreno, Eli Sanchez Anchors
Julya Marquez, Angie Felix, Anabell Arteaga, Social Media Coordinators
Renato Torres, Matthew Barrera & Harry Thandi, Producer
Omar Gutierrez, Field Reporter
Matthew Nudson, Oli Knels, Logan Dirker, Talent & Location Scout

Sincerely,

Nora Cabasa
Secretary II
Golden West High School