[GWHS-Bulletin] 11.30.17 bulletin

Cabasa, Nora ncabasa at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Nov 30 09:14:19 PST 2017

GOLDEN WEST HIGH SCHOOL
HOME OF THE TRAILBLAZERS
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D369BB.5CBD0A50]
Daily Bulletin - Volume 39; Issue 74
Thursday, November 30, 2017

Congratulations to our Golden West Football Team for advancing to the Valley Championship Game! We will be hosting the game against CVC at 7:00pm on Friday, December 1st.

Come out and support our boys by wearing your best school spirit gear.

Blazer Spirit shirts are available in the Student Store for $9!  Show your Blazer Pride!

Tailgate: 5:30 - 6:30 In front of the Stadium. Bring games, chairs, and blankets. Performances by Band, Cheer, and Choir (free)
Food for Sale: Javi's Tacos, Me 'N Eds Pizza, Port of Subs, Coffee, Water, Hot Chocolate.

You may pre-purchase tickets in the front office all week until Friday @ 1:30 pm. The gates will open at 5:00pm where you can also purchase tickets. Tickets will be $9 for adults and $6 for all students and seniors. (Please keep in mind that for CIF playoff games the prices are set by CIF and no ASB discount is accepted. Cash only).

Due to the weather becoming colder we will be allowing students to wear beanies and headbands. Please remember they must be free of logos or decorations. The only logo that will be allowed will be our school logo. The beanies must be a single color white, black, grey, brown, tan or gold. This flexibility only applies to protection from the cold, not for hats. They may only be worn outdoors.

Students, please be aware that we will be conducting tardy sweeps.  It is important that you are in your classrooms ready to learn when the tardy bell rings.  For this reason, we will be running frequent sweeps.  If you are tardy to class during a sweep you will be serving an after school detention.  Please avoid this by getting to class on time.

**Adopt a Star begins Tuesday, November 28 in Room L20 (ASB Room) at Lunch ONLY until all stars are adopted.  Instructions will be provided.  All gifts must be returned wrapped with the star attached on Tuesday through Thursday, December 5 - 7 during Lunch ONLY.

WINTER FORMAL TICKETS ARE ON SALE in the Finance Office before school, during lunch, and after school.  Single sale tickets cost $20 with an ASB Sticker, $30 without an ASB sticker, and $40 at the door.  The dance is Saturday, December 2 from 8:00 - 11:00 PM at Mt. Whitney High School.

Ablaze club is collecting toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.) for the Bethlehem Center.  These items will be given to the homeless population in Visalia.  Donations can be dropped off in room E-9.

Athletics:

Freshman Baseball: Freshman baseball players will meet at lunch TODAY, Thursday November 30th in P3. If you are in a winter sport come by so we can discuss the upcoming season. Pizza will be provided.

Athletic Clearance: Golden West is now offering online student - athletic clearance through Family ID.  This is a secure and user friendly way to register for our athletic clearance.  All information can be found on the Golden West website .....trailblazerathletics.com then click on Student Athletic Clearance tab.   This form of clearance will now be mandatory along with a current physical.
Counseling Dept.:
ATTENTION JUNIOR & SENIOR BOYS: Boy counselors are needed for Scicon.  You MUST be in good academic standing, C average or better, Good Discipline and Attendance record and be a good role model.  Please see Mrs. McIntosh in the Counseling Dept.

AP students and parents: Please refer to the AP documents (http://www.vusd.org/webpages/gwhscounseling/ap.cfm) for information regarding the fees, dates, and deadlines for 2017 AP exams.  You may also obtain forms for Fee Waivers and/or your one free AP exam provided by VUSD.  We also accept payments via credit card online at the GW webstore!  (http://webstores.activenetwork.com/school-software/golden_west_high_sch/).  March 2nd is the absolute last day to pay for AP Exams!

Clubs:

FCA Today! Come & join us for lunch and hear a great speaker... only two more FCA's before Christmas Break.

Native American (Indian) Club meeting for Tuesday December 5 at lunch in room FS7. Bring a food or drink item for potluck meeting.

Anime Club is meeting every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in S-1 (lunch). You do not need to attend all three days to be a member. Grab you lunch and join the fun!

XL Program:

Have you ever wanted to get out your aggressions in a way that you won't get in trouble?  Have you ever thought about boxing?  Well, XL may have the perfect way for you to learn.  Find out from someone who won multiple Gold Gloves for boxing himself.  Come sign up in E-7 from Wednesday, November 29th - Thursday, November 30th.  We will have a meeting this Friday during lunch in M-1 to explain more.  Sign up in E-7 and see you in M-1 Friday!

ATTN SENIORS PLANNING ON ATTENDING A California State University (CSU): If you missed the CSU workshop you can still get help in the XL after school program.  Our College & Career Ambassador, Angela Santana is available after school in the library.  Application deadline is TODAY, Nov. 30, 2017 for fall of 2018.

It's coming this spring!!!   Mr. Rodgers will once again be offering his EMS/Health Careers XL Class!  Start date is March 1st, so plan ahead as this class fills quickly...field trips and guest speakers!!!  Check out the tentative schedule at:  http://bit.ly/emss2018

Below is the link for our Blazer Central today.
https://youtu.be/dbMW_-B_EiI

Sincerely,

Nora Cabasa
Secretary II