[GWHS-Bulletin] GW Bulletin 4.4.24

Cabasa, Nora ncabasa at vusd.org
Thu Apr 4 11:40:42 PDT 2024

Hello Trailblazers! Please see the exciting new announcements from the counseling department and the XL Program below:

Attached is information on a scholarship opportunity for graduating seniors attending either a 2-year college or a 4-year university, offered by Pro Youth. The application deadline is April 12, 2024, and I've attached the application for your reference.

Additionally, we are excited to announce that we're opening up tutoring applications to juniors for the upcoming school year. If you know a student who would be interested in applying, please let me know.

!!!FAFSA Deadline Extended to May 2!!!
Every senior must complete the FAFSA or CADAA.  Launch your application through Californiacolleges.edu.  Still having trouble with the application and need help?  COS and Fresno State are both holding workshops to assist you and your parents.  COS workshops are in person and space is limited so RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!  Fresno State has in person and virtual (zoom) workshops.  Please remember that you do not need to be attending either of these schools to attend their workshops.  Any senior and their parent is welcome.  Do not wait until the deadline to submit.  There have been many glitches with the new system so it is important to get this done now if you have not done so already.

Hope you have a great day!
[School Sketch]
Nora Cabasa
Administrative Assistant