[LJMS-Bulletin] Friday bulletin

Stephens, Stephanie sstephens at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Mar 16 15:39:36 PDT 2017

Home of the Explorers
Daily Bulletin
Friday March 17, 2017
Today is a Regular bell schedule.

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
*       High School Registration
Attention 8th grade students. Those students that missed the registration for High School next year, there will be a make-up day on Monday, March 20th.  Passes will be sent for those students that missed this week.
*       PRIDE Spirit Day
LJ PRIDE Spirit day: Don't get caught with no green today on St. Patrick's day!!  Let's see how green you are La Joya!
*       EDHS Chearleading
8th grade students, if you are interested in trying out for the El Diamante cheerleading squad, you can get an application from 8th grade office.  Applications are due to the 8th grade office on Tuesday March 28th by 4:00 p.m.  No late packets will be accepted.
*       PRIDE Fun Friday
Our next Fun Friday date has been changed to Friday, March 31st.  Remember to show your LJ PRIDE by keeping your grades above a 2.3 in all of your class, be on time to class, show PRIDE by not getting any referrals, and have no unexcused absences.
*       School-Wide Fundraiser
Yesterday was the end of our Cookie Dough fundraiser. If you have not turned in your order and money, please do so as soon as possible.  Thank you to everyone who sold cookie dough and made this a successful fundraiser.
*       AVID Applications
7th graders: It's March Madness and College is on everyone's mind. You heard all the benefits of going to college during College Awareness Month. If you think you are ready, but need a class to prepare you for the college path, then AVID is for you. AVID is a college readiness elective that prepares you by learning how to take effective notes, being organized, supporting you in all your classes, and many other things that will have you ready for college when you graduate High School. Please get an application from the front office, or room 102. If you want more information, join us next Wed. at 6:00 pm in the Gym for AVID parent night

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS
*       Saturday
Boys Baseball will be playing a doubleheader vs. Clarke Intermediate, start times are 9am and 12pm.  7th grade boys will be at Clark Intermediate while 8th grade will be at Clovis High.
*       Track
Track reminder that practice is from 1:40-3:30 on Monday, March 20th. You are released from school at 1:30 for staff development, please make sure you arrange a ride for Monday. Remember we have a track meet Tuesday.
*       JV Softball
The La Joya Junior Varsity Softball Team won 1 and lost 1 at Kastner on Saturday. The Lady Explorers won, 3-2, in Game 1, but lost 5-6 in Game 2. They were led by Pitcher Karlie Bilbrey who pitched both games. Collecting hits in 2 games were -  Bilbrey (5 hits); Jazilyn Vargas (3); Ryleigh Rush, Maddy Caine, and Samira Gutierrez (2); Alyssa Lackey and Lisamarie Rendon (1).
 JV Softball
The La Joya Junior Varsity Softball Team defeated Exeter, 16 - 0, on Monday. The Lady Explorers were led by Pitcher Karlie Bilbrey who pitched a complete game. Offensive standouts were Jazilyn Vargas (3 hits); Ryleigh Rush and Bilbrey (2); and Ariana Ruiz (1). Defensive standouts were Emilie Lopez, Alyssa Lackey, Vargas, Bilbrey, and Ruiz.
*       Two Pitchers Team Up As JV Baseball Shuts Out Wilson M.S (Exeter)
La Joya Explorers JV defeated Wilson M.S (Exeter) 16-0 on Monday as two pitchers combined to throw a shutout. Henry Vidak struck out #10 to finish off the game. Dillion Phillipe earned the win for La Joya Explorers JV. He threw three innings, giving up zero runs, one hit, striking out six, and walking zero. Castenon, Phillipe, Perry, Branson Campbell, Watson, and Block all had one hit to lead La Joya Explorers JV. Watson led La Joya Explorers JV with three stolen bases, as they ran wild on the base paths with 18 stolen bases.

*       JV Baseball

La Joya Explorers JV took the lead late in the game in a 5-4 victory over Kastner Intermediate on Saturday.
In the top of the fifth inning we tied things up at four. Mikey Ramirez  drove in two runs when he singled. We scored three runs in the fifth inning. Scoring on a stolen base by Preston Boswell and a single by Ramirez. Mikey Ramirez and Preston Boswell each drove in two runs to lead the team .
*       Have a Great Day, Explorers!
Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.