[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday bulletin

Stephens, Stephanie sstephens at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Mar 17 14:01:33 PDT 2017

Home of the Explorers
Daily Bulletin
Monday March 20, 2017
Today is a Late Start/Early Release schedule.

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*       High School Registration
Attention 8th grade students. Those students that missed the registration for High School next year, there will be a make-up today, Monday, March 20th.  Passes will be sent for those students that missed it last week.
*       Registration for 8th Grade
Attention 7th grade students.  Registration for 8th grade will be held on Monday, March 27 & 28th through your PE Classes.  Be sure you have gone over the information with your parents and know which classes you want to request.
*       EDHS Cheerleading
8th grade students, if you are interested in trying out for the El Diamante cheerleading squad, you can get an application from 8th grade office.  Applications are due to the 8th grade office on Tuesday March 28th by 4:00 p.m.  No late packets will be accepted.
*       PRIDE Fun Friday
Our next Fun Friday date has been changed to Friday, March 31st.  Remember to show your LJ PRIDE by keeping your grades above a 2.3 in all of your class, be on time to class, show PRIDE by not getting any referrals, and have no unexcused absences.
*       Staff Development
Today is a Staff Development Day and students are out of school at 1:30 p.m.
*       AVID Applications
7th graders: It's March Madness and College is on everyone's mind. You heard all the benefits of going to college during College Awareness Month. If you think you are ready, but need a class to prepare you for the college path, then AVID is for you. AVID is a college readiness elective that prepares you by learning how to take effective notes, being organized, supporting you in all your classes, and many other things that will have you ready for college when you graduate High School. Please get an application from the front office, or room 102. If you want more information, join us next Wed. at 6:00 pm in the Gym for AVID parent night

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

*       Monday
Baseball and Softball at JFK (Hanford), dismissal time is 2:15,  start time is 3:30pm.
*       Tuesday
Track has a meet at CVC, start time is at 4:00pm.  Students will be released at 2:45 from class.

*       Wednesday
Baseball and Softball have a home game against Divisadero, dismissal time is 3:10,  start time is 4:00pm.

*       Track
Track reminder that practice is from 1:40-3:30 on Monday, March 20th. You are released from school at 1:30 for staff development, please make sure you arrange a ride for Monday. Remember we have a track meet Tuesday.

*       Have a Great Day, Explorers!
Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.