[LJMS-Bulletin] bulletin

Stephens, Stephanie sstephens at visalia.k12.ca.us
Mon May 8 12:34:11 PDT 2017

Home of the Explorers
Daily Bulletin

Monday, May 8, 2017
Today is a Staff Development Early Realease
bell schedule.

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*       Dress Code Reminder
As the weather gets warmer, here is a reminder about the Dress Code.  The Visalia Unified School District Student Conduct Code for grades 7-12 reads as follows:  Clothes shall be worn as intended and be sufficient to conceal undergarments which shall be worn and covered at all times.  See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, off-the shoulder and low-cut tops are not acceptable.  Other types of dress that expose bare midriffs or cleavage are prohibited.  Basketball jersey style tank tops with scooped front, back and armholes are only allowed if worn with a T-shirt with sleeves.  Shirts with cut-off sleeves are not allowed.
*       Pizza Sales
Athletics will be selling pizza today, $2 per slice and $1 for a water.  Be sure to bring your money to help support our Athletics Department.

*       Saturday University
Attention Students - We have started a wonderful new program for our students called Saturday University! Saturday University provides enrichment and academic opportunities with art, music, physical education, science, math, reading, technology and much more. The academic options for Saturday, May 13 are Movie Making, Film History, Garden Club and American Sign Language. Saturday University will start at 8:15 and end at 12:30.  Ask for a Saturday University form in any office if you are interested in attending. See Mr. Medina in room 606 for more details.

*       ASB Elections 2017-18
Attention 7th grade students.  Are you interested in running for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Athletic Commissioner, or Activities Commissioner for the 2017-2018 school year?  Well get ready, because applications will be available in the Pathfinder Office.  Applications are due Wednesday May 11th.  All applicants must have a 3.0 grade point average, good attendance, good citizenship and have no discipline/incidents records, no referrals, and no detentions.

*    Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

*       Track Athletes
Attention all Track Athletes:  Our end of the year party and awards ceremony will be On Wednesday May 10th at 3:30 PM.  We will be meeting in the gym to hand out awards, medals, ribbons,  and certificates of participation.

Monday, 5/8
7th Grade Baseball and ALL Softball are at  Valley Oak, dismissal time is 2:45, start time is 4:00pm.***8th Grade Game is Cancelled

*       Have a Great Day, Explorers!
Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.