[LJMS-Bulletin] REVISED Monday bulletin

Stephens, Stephanie sstephens at visalia.k12.ca.us
Mon May 15 07:51:49 PDT 2017

Home of the Explorers
Daily Bulletin

Monday, May 15, 2017
Today is a Late Start bell schedule.

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*       Dress Code Reminder
As the weather gets warmer, here is a reminder about the Dress Code.  The Visalia Unified School District Student Conduct Code for grades 7-12 reads as follows:  Clothes shall be worn as intended and be sufficient to conceal undergarments which shall be worn and covered at all times.  See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, off-the shoulder and low-cut tops are not acceptable.  Other types of dress that expose bare midriffs or cleavage are prohibited.  Basketball jersey style tank tops with scooped front, back and armholes are only allowed if worn with a T-shirt with sleeves.  Shirts with cut-off sleeves are not allowed.
*       Pizza Sales
ASB will be selling pizza Friday, $2 per slice and $1 for a water.  Be sure to bring your money to help support our School.

*       Student vs Staff Softball Game
Do you want to see softballs hit onto La Vida avenue? Teachers diving to try and make a catch? Come watch the annual Staff vs Students softball game on Thursday May 18, after school. Ask teachers and staff members if they're playing. See you there!

*       Talent Show
Talent show auditions are Wednesday May 24th! See Mr. Harrell in room 607 to sign up. We also need MCs to host the show. Sign up now!

*       PRIDE Store
Only 2 more Friday's left of the PRIDE Store: Friday, May 19 and Thursday, May  25 will be the  last day the PRIDE Store will be open.  Students are encouraged to use their PRIDE Tickets. Once items run out, they will not be restocked.  Pride tickets not used by May 25 will no longer be valid.

*       Saturday University
La Joya will hold a Saturday University on May 20th. The academic options for Saturday, May 20 are Movie Making, Basketball Academy, Garden Club, American Sign Language and Ceramic Clay Sculpting. Saturday University will start at 8:15 and end at 12:30.  Ask for a Saturday University form in any office if you are interested in attending. See Mr. Medina in room 606 for more details.

*       Textbook Returns
Tuesday May 16 Science and History textbooks are due.  You will be turning in those books with your history classes.  Start looking now for your books. As a reminder to all 8th grade students, you will not be able to attend the Adventure Park Dance unless you have returned or paid for all your books and textbooks.

*       State Testing Raffle
Congratulations to yesterday's State Testing Raffle winners.  The winner for the state testing raffle is Jade Forwalter for 7th and Jeffrey Dykstra for 8th grade.  Please come to the front office after school to pick up your reward.  We will be doing drawings everyday during testing and will have a few big drawings at the end of testing.  Show your PRIDE and be here everyday doing your best for testing to receive a raffle ticket.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

*       Have a Great Day, Explorers!
Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

---