[LJMS-Bulletin] Thursday bulletin

Stephens, Stephanie sstephens at visalia.k12.ca.us
Wed May 17 16:47:02 PDT 2017

Home of the Explorers
Daily Bulletin
Thursday, May 18, 2017
Today is a Regular bell schedule.

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
*       Promotion Early Release
All 8th grade students should have received a yellow Early Release Form for the day of Promotion.  It is very important the ALL 8th grade students have their parents or guardians fill out the form and return it to their 1st period teacher.  All Early Release forms are due by Monday, May 22nd.

*       Perfect Attendance
Do you have perfect attendance for this year?  Are you an 8th grader who believes they have perfect attendance for both 7th and 8th grade?  There is a yellow 8th grade perfect attendance list and a blue 7th grade perfect attendance list posted in all classrooms.  If you believe your name should be on either list and is not, it is very important to see Mrs. Stephens in the Magellan Office by Today at 3:30 p.m. We do not want to miss anyone.
*       Pizza Sales
ASB will be selling pizza Friday, $2 per slice and $1 for a water.  Be sure to bring your money to help support our School.

*       WEB Meeting
Attention 8th Grade WEB Leaders. There will be a  WEB meeting today May 18th during the first 5 minutes of lunch to get information for relay for life and the field trip. Please go straight to 405 at lunch.

*       Last RE-TAKE day
Attention students - this is a very important message.  There are only 4 days to complete any retakes in ANY of your classes.  Remember that all 8th grade students need a 2.3 or better in all their classes to promote to high school.

*       Student vs Staff Softball Game
Do you want to see softballs hit onto La Vida avenue? Teachers diving to try and make a catch? Come watch the annual Staff vs Students softball game today May 18, after school. Ask teachers and staff members if they're playing. See you there!

*       Talent Show
Talent show auditions are Wednesday May 24th! See Mr. Harrell in room 607 to sign up. We also need MCs to host the show. Sign up now!

*       End of the Year Activity Day
The End of the Year Activity Day will be Thursday, May 25th. We will have One Extended Lunch and then Carnival Activities.  Lunch is from 11:40 - 12:35 p.m.  We will be selling food from Amigo's ($1.50-$4); Wienerschnitzel ($2); Pizza ($2); Nachos $(2)Water ($1); Subway ($4); In&Out ($4); Baskin Robbins Ice Cream($2); Jamba Juce and Kona Ice ($3-6). The Carnival Activities will be from 1:55 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.  During this time, we will be selling water ($1.00);Jamba Juice ($3.50); Cookies ($1.00); Snack Shack, and Kona Ice ($3-6).  Along with the food, we will have Carnival Games, Music and Activities.  So, don't forget your money!   Dress code is still in effect, please be sure to wear appropriate clothing.

*       PRIDE Store
Only 2 more Friday's left of the PRIDE Store: Friday, May 19 and Thursday, May  25 will be the  last day the PRIDE Store will be open.  Students are encouraged to use their PRIDE Tickets. Once items run out, they will not be restocked.  Pride tickets not used by May 25 will no longer be valid.

*       Yearbook Sales
Final yearbook sales are in! Thank you to all who purchased a yearbook ahead of time. For those of you who have not yet purchased a La Joya Yearbook, there are only 150 yearbooks left! There will be a yearbook booth during our end of the year activities on Thursday, May 25th and it's first come, first serve. We will be only accepting cash on this day, so bring your $50 and enjoy the memories. If you have any questions please see Ms. Gonzalez in room 603.

*       Saturday University
La Joya will hold a Saturday University on May 20th. The academic options for Saturday, May 20 are Movie Making, Basketball Academy, Garden Club, American Sign Language and Ceramic Clay Sculpting. Saturday University will start at 8:15 and end at 12:30.  Ask for a Saturday University form in any office if you are interested in attending. See Mr. Medina in room 606 for more details.

*       PRIDE Dress Up Day
LJ PRIDE dress up day: This Friday is our last dress up day of the year. It will be Hawaii day, so wear your Leis, and your colorful Hawaiian shirts.

*       State Testing Raffle
Congratulations to yesterday's State Testing Raffle winners.  The winner for the state testing raffle is Jocelyn Calderon for 7th and Trisha See for 8th grade.  Please come to the front office after school to pick up your reward.  We will be doing drawings everyday during testing and will have a few big drawings at the end of testing.  Show your PRIDE and be here everyday doing your best for testing to receive a raffle ticket.
*    Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

*       Have a Great Day, Explorers!
Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.