[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday Bulletin 10.16.17

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Oct 13 16:04:35 PDT 2017

Monday, October 16th, 2017
Today is a late start/Minimum Day bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Red Ribbon Week
Next week is Red Ribbon week and the theme is, "Your Future is Key, so Stay Drug Free".
We will be having dress up days all week:
Monday will be "Put a stop to Drugs" so dress in RED (Like a stop light)
Tuesday will be "Go Crazy on life not drugs" so wear either crazy hair, crazy socks, crazy clothes, or wear them all
"On Wednesday's we wear pink...for a Cure" Dress in Pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Thursday is your chance to: "Lasso away drugs" dress country/western
And on Friday 'Life is Happier Drug Free" so Dress in Disney. Let's make La Joya the "Happiest Place on Earth"
So start dusting off those costumes, or creating some for next week. More information about lunch activities coming soon.
Dress code still applies.

* Attention students, as a reminder to earn Fun Friday, as a school we must have 80 incidents or less for the month.  We currently have (38) incidents this month. Students must have good grades, good attendance and good behavior to be eligible to participate.  So let's make sure to show our La Joya PRIDE and help our school earn Fun Friday.
*There is still space available on the D.C. Trip! See Ms. Austerman in room 407 for more details! This is an awesome experience that you don't want to miss! The deadline to sign up has been extended to Wednesday 10/18! Hurry before spaces fill up!

*The people have spoken and the demand for a school t-shirt has been heard.  La Joya will soon be offering its very own school spirit t-shirt.  But wait, there is even more awesomeness.  How would you like to design it?

Here is your chance La Joya to show off your design skills and become a campus famous fashionista.  La Joya PRIDE Club will be putting on the La Joya school t-shirt design competition starting October 12th.  Entry forms can be picked up from Mr. Taylor in room 408 before or after school or during break.  All entry forms will be due to Mr. Taylor by 3:30pm on October 27th.  Finalists will be selected and the students will choose which design will represent them on their new school t-shirts.  For questions, talk to Mr. Taylor.  Let's see what you got La Joya!

*SPorTs ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Monday 10/16

Practices

Tuesday 10/17

Practices

Wednesday 10/18

Volleyball is home vs. Woodrow Wilson,  game time is 4:00pm.

Thursday 10/19

Volleyball plays their last home game vs. Green Acres, start time is 4:00-It is also 8th Grade Night.
Football play at Valley Oak, start time is 4:00  and release from class at 2:45.
Cross Country has the league championship meet at Mooney's Grove , start time is 3:45, release from class at 2:00.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302