[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 10.18.17 REVISED

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue Oct 17 16:28:10 PDT 2017

Wednesday, October 18th, 2017
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Next week is Red Ribbon, and we have some activities for you. On Monday you can sign the pledge in your 1st period classrooms, and receive a ribbon. Monday will also kick off a door decorating contest. Ask your teachers how you can help. Also next week we will have activities at lunch. On Monday we will have Red Light green light, wheelbarrow style. You heard right wheelbarrow style. We will also have a mummy wrap contest, so start gathering up your teams. Tune into the bulletin for more information about Red Ribbon Week and don't forget to look around for the flyers around campus.

* Attention students, as a reminder to earn Fun Friday, as a school we must have 80 incidents or less for the month.  We currently have (57) incidents this month. Students must have good grades, good attendance and good behavior to be eligible to participate.  So let's make sure to show our La Joya PRIDE and help our school earn Fun Friday.
*There is still space available on the D.C. Trip! See Ms. Austerman in room 407 for more details! This is an awesome experience that you don't want to miss!  Today is the last day to sign up! Hurry before spaces fill up!

* Attention students!  If you are planning to attend a high school football game at either of the Visalia stadiums, a parent must attend with you.  No middle or elementary-age students will be admitted without parent supervision.

*Garden Club meets today after school.

* PULSE NEWS

Today we will be going to the Red Ribbon Celebration at the Visalia Convention Center. If you are unable to attend, please make plans to be picked up right after school at 3:13pm.

On Friday, Cheer and Football clubs will be going to the Adult School field for the football game. Please report directly to your coach.

*Need to make up days for PE? Want to practice your basketball skills before winter tryouts? Then sign up for Ms. Beggs Saturday university on October 21st, forms are available in either of the pods.

*SPorTs ANNOUNCEMENTS

Wednesday 10/18

Volleyball is home vs. Woodrow Wilson,  game time is 4:00pm.

Thursday 10/19

Football play at Valley Oak, start time is 4:00  and release from class at 2:45.
Cross Country has the league championship meet at Mooney's Grove , start time is 3:45, release from class at 2:00.\

Friday 10/20

Volleyball plays their last home game vs. Green Acres, start time is 4:00-It is also 8th Grade Night.

*       Have a Great Day, Explorers!
Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302