[LJMS-Bulletin] Tuesday Bulletin 10.31.17

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Mon Oct 30 15:48:24 PDT 2017

Tuesday, October 31st, 2017
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Attention students - are you getting good or great grades?  Keep up the good work and you'll be invited to our special La Joya Academic Awards Night in January.  All students whose average of their semester class grades is 3.3 to 3.7 will receive Honor Roll, and if your average is 3.7 to 4.0 you'll receive High Honor Roll!  This includes all of your classes, including PE and electives.  So ask for help when you need it, and work hard!  Your semester grades close at the end of December.

*Students, don't forget to sign up for Saturday University. Today is the last day to register and receive a lunch. After today registration will be open but you will need to bring your lunch. Go to the Saturday University link on the La Joya website to see the new classes and register today!

*Builders Club will not be meeting this Thursday during RTI. Instead, we will be meeting tomorrow, Nov. 1st in room 403 from 3:15 to 4:15.

*       Tuesday, Oct. 31st
Even though today is Halloween, please remember that NO costumes are allowed to be worn to school.

*SPORTS NEWS

Winter Athletics Try-outs start on November 6th, at 3:30 pm.  Sports offered are: Boys and Girls Basketball, Boys and Girls Soccer and Wrestling.  Sign-ups will be posted on Monday.  All athletes must have a Family-ID account set-up to try-out.

Attention all Wrestlers, come meet your coach, Anthony Aguirre, tomorrow and get some pizza!

All 8th Grade Soccer players who plan on trying out, there is a meeting tomorrow at lunch in room 204.

*       Have a Great Day, Explorers!
Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302