[LJMS-Bulletin] Friday Bulletin

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Sep 28 15:25:26 PDT 2017

Friday, September 29th, 2017
Today is a Fall Rally bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Have you gotten a friend or several to "Twin Up"? Don't forget, today is Twin Day!! Show your LJ PRIDE and dress up.  Dress code still applies.
*If you are interested in the Science Field Trip to Monterey Bay Aquarium, there are now less than 30 seats available for the trip. Contact your science teacher for more information.
*Attention all students! Don't miss the incredible opportunity to visit Washington DC, Alexandria, and Williamsburg! There will be an informational meeting about the trip on Tuesday, October 3rd at 6:00PM in room 407. Parents and students interested in the trip are strongly encouraged to attend. See your history teacher or Ms. Austerman in room 407 after school for more details. The deadline to sign up is October 13th!

*Choir is selling pizza today $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

* We will be having our Fall Rally today, September 29th.

*Attention students, as a reminder to earn Fun Friday, as a school we must have 80 incidents or less for the month.  We currently have (65) incidents this month. Students must have good grades, good attendance and good behavior to be eligible to participate.  So let's make sure to show our La Joya PRIDE and help our school earn Fun Friday.

*La Joya Explorers, do you like to play sports, create arts and crafts projects, conduct science experiments, and have lunch with your friends? Do you need additional help with language arts or math or need to get credit for an absence? Then join Saturday University, Saturday, October 7th from 8:15-12:30. Visit Magellan or Pathfinder for a registration form.

*The Band Wakeathon is from 8:00pm Saturday night to 6:00am Sunday morning.

*SPorTs ANNOUNCEMENTS

JV Football defeated Divisadero 38-6.  Scoring touchdowns were: Johnny Chavez, Lucas Murillo, KJ Daniels, Sebastian Avala and Elijah Martinez.  Offensive Player of the game was Cooper Schimpf and Defensive Player of the game was Johnny Chavez.  Next game is Wednesday at Ridgeview.

Varsity Football lost to Divisadero 6-3.  Offensive Player of the game was Austin Watson and Jacob Ybarra kicked the lone field goal.  Defensively, they were led by Darrin Fisher and Issac DeLeon.  Next game is Monday vs. Dinuba at home.

Varsity Defeated Valley Oak 2-1 on Wednesday.  The top players were Peyton Diaz, Kassandra Perez, Kaylynn Rios and Bella Flores.  Next game is Monday at home vs. Dinuba.

*       Have a Great Day, Explorers!
Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302