[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday Bulletin

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Fri Sep 29 16:14:28 PDT 2017

Monday, October 2nd, 2017
Today is a late start bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Students don't forget! If you are interested in going to DC, you and your parents or guardians should attend the meeting tomorrow night at 6:00PM in room 407. See Ms. Austerman for details.

*ELA 7 would like to recognize the following students:

Ms. Moore:
Most Improved: Jacob Gallardo
Student of the Month: Calissa Butler-Journey

Ms. Denton:
Most Improved: Anthony Olivera
Student of the Month: Vincent Salas

Mrs. McClelland
Student of the Month: Jaylee Fierro
Most Improved: Anthony Ponce

Mrs. Pena
Student of the Month: Ebonee Perez
Most Improved: Gabryl Cavasos

Congratulations to these students for showing great determination in the area of English Language Arts.

*ASB is selling pizza Friday $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

*Attention students, as a reminder to earn Fun Friday, as a school we must have 80 incidents or less for the month.  We currently have (77) incidents this month. Students must have good grades, good attendance and good behavior to be eligible to participate.  So let's make sure to show our La Joya PRIDE and help our school earn Fun Friday.

*La Joya Explorers, do you like to play sports, create arts and crafts projects, conduct science experiments, and have lunch with your friends? Do you need additional help with language arts or math or need to get credit for an absence? Then join Saturday University, Saturday, October 7th from 8:15-12:30. Visit Magellan or Pathfinder for a registration form.

*SPorTs ANNOUNCEMENTS

Monday 10/2

8th Grade Football is at home vs. Valley Oak, game time is 4:00 pm.
Volleyball is home vs. Dinuba, start time is 4:00pm.

Tuesday 10/3:

Practices

Wednesday 10/4:

ATHLETIC FUNDRAISER AT CHIPOTLE 5-9 PM
Volleyball is at Ridgeview, game time is 4:00pm, release from class at 2:45pm
Football is at Green Acres, game time is 4:00pm, release from class at 2:45pm.

Thursday 10/5:

Cross Country has a meet at Divisadero, start time is 3:45, release from class at 2:15

*       Have a Great Day, Explorers!
Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302