[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 4.4.18

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue Apr 3 16:16:39 PDT 2018

Wednesday, April 4th, 2018
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Attention all students. State testing for the 2017-2018 school year begins today.  All 8th grade students will participate in the Science state test from April 4th - April 6th.  All students will then participate in the English Language Arts state exam from April 9th - April 20th.  State testing will conclude with all students participating in the math state exam from April 30th - May 11th.

* Explorers, do you have an idea for a Saturday University class?? Would you like more sports? How about dance or art? Go to the La Joya website and tell us about a Saturday University class you would like to attend. Also remember to register for the next Saturday University on April 7th. Tell us about a class or register by going to the Saturday University link on the La Joya Website.

*Attention students and La Joya staff, PBIS will be having its 4th annual yard sale Saturday, April 7 from 7am to 2pm in the cafeteria.  Come and check it out, you are all welcome! Proceeds will go to promote positive behavior on campus.

*Garden Club meets today after school.

*Congratulations to Donan Benavente - he has been recognized by the local Visalia Sequoia Kiwanis Club as the spring "Student of the Season" - a student with great academics, great character, and great involvement at school.

*CJSF
Attention CJSF members!  Sign-ups for Heart Castle will be on Friday, April 6th @ 7:45am in Room 101.  Don't delay!

*Open House
Open House will be on Thursday, April 5th, from 6 - 7:30 pm.  Students and parents are welcome to visit classrooms (no set bell schedule) and listen to performances by our orchestra, choir                                                    and band.  PTSA will also be selling tacos, churros, and drinks.  We hope to see you there.

*Band is selling pizza on Friday, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

*Congratulations to the La Joya "Odyssey of the Mind" Team, which took 1st place at the state competition held at UC Riverside on Saturday, March 24.  The team includes Aubrey Brown, Riley Chism, Jaylee Fierro, Eavan Ford, Kevin Jolly and Paige Knudsen!  The team is now on their way to the prestigious Odyssey of the Mind 2018 World Finals at Iowa State University in May - great job!

Sports news

*The LJ track team is holding a jog a thon on April 5th to raise money for equipment and uniforms. You can pledge per lap or a flat donation, students will have half an hour to complete as many laps as possible. Please help by sponsoring one of our track athletes.

Wednesday 4/4

Baseball and Softball are home vs. Green Acres, release time is 3:10, game time is 4:00.
Track is at the La Joya/Ridgeview meet at El Diamante.  Release from class at 2:50, meet starts at 4:00.

Thursday 4/5

Hit-A-Thon for Baseball and Softball at 3:30 (on the baseball/softball field)
Jog-A-Thon for Track at 3:30 (at the track)

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302