[LJMS-Bulletin] Friday Bulletin 4.20.18

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Apr 19 15:57:20 PDT 2018

Friday, April 20th, 2018
Today is a Fun Friday One-Lunch bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

* State Testing Raffle
Congratulations to yesterday's State Testing Raffle winners.  The winner for the state testing raffle is Eva Flores for 7th and Ginger Ruiz for 8th grade.   Please come to the front office after school to pick up your reward.  Show your PRIDE and be here every day doing your best for testing to receive a raffle ticket.

* Today is the early registration deadline for the 2019 trip to Washington D.C. & NYC! Come see Ms. Austerman in Room 407 to learn more details about this educational, fun, and life-changing adventure!
*Athletics is selling pizza today, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.
*Table washers are needed for 1st and 2nd lunch, and lunch workers are needed for 2nd lunch.   If you are interested, please see Mrs. McLeroy in the Cafeteria before school or at break.

* Fun Friday
Today we will be having a "Fun Friday" One-Lunch Bell Schedule.  Lunch will be from 11:46am - 12:46pm.   There will be pizza and burritos for sale!   Come on out and enjoy!

*Today is the last day to sign up for Saturday University. Go to the La Joya website and sign up to play pickleball with Ms. Beggs or Intervention with Ms. Denton.

 *    Next week is ARK week (Acts of Random Kindness).
There will be wooden signs throughout the campus encouraging all of La Joya to do acts of random kindness. We will also have the "Kindness tree" for inspiration (located on the North side of the library). In the cafeteria, we will have an "I AM" wall, where students can write a word or phrase that describes them.  On Thursday Apr. 26th, we will have a tie dye dress up day and a rally that afternoon.  During the rally, we will also be granting wishes at our annual make a wish (remember Twenty one Pilots last year?).   Inspirational videos will be shown all of next week, encouraging kindness on a daily basis.  Consider modeling acts of random kindness with fellow Explorers when you walk by a "Kindness" sign.  Finally, you can expect to find a little surprise in your P.E. locker courtesy of ASB/Leadership sometime next week.

Sports news

Saturday 4/21

Track is at the Tulare County Qualifier in Porterville.  This is an optional meet.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302