[LJMS-Bulletin] FW: Monday Bulletin 8.20.18 REVISED

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Fri Aug 17 16:29:50 PDT 2018

Monday, August 20th, 2018
Today is a late start Monday bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*       Dress Code Reminder
As the weather continues to be warm, here is a reminder about the Dress Code.  The Visalia Unified School District Student Conduct Code for grades 7-12 reads as follows:  Clothes shall be worn as intended and be sufficient to conceal undergarments which shall be worn and covered at all times.  See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, off-the shoulder and low-cut tops are not acceptable.  Other types of dress that expose bare midriffs or cleavage are prohibited.  Basketball jersey style tank tops with scooped front, back and armholes are only allowed if worn with a T-shirt with sleeves.  Shirts with cut-off sleeves are not allowed.
*Safety
Students when crossing any of the streets surrounding La Joya, please remember to be safe.  Look both ways before crossing and use the crosswalks whenever possible, making sure that people in cars, or on bikes see you before crossing.

*Students
Our amazing groundskeeper works very hard to make sure that the campus has beautiful flowers, plants, trees.  Please show respect for his efforts by leaving the plants intact, not pulling off their flowers or buds, and staying off the grass.

*Pizza Sales
ASB is selling pizza today, and Athletics is selling pizza tomorrow.  $2 a slice and $1 for water.

*School Pictures
Friday, Aug. 24th is school picture day, so wear your best smile!

*Attention Parents, Teachers, and Students: our first PTSA meeting is this Tuesday, August 21 at 5:30 p.m., in our Library.  You can also join using a new electronic membership link, located at https://jointotem.com/ca/visalia/la-joya-middle/join

*Back to School Night
Thurs. Aug. 30th is Back to School Night from 6:00pm to 7:30pm.

*CJSF Sign ups
Attention 8th graders! It's that time!  CJSF (California Junior Scholarship Federation) sign ups begin tomorrow before or after school!  Bring your report card and $1 to Mrs. Gibson in room 101 or Mrs. Allen in room 503! Sign ups end on Friday, August 24th.  Don't miss out on being a part of this prestigious society!!

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302