[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday Bulletin 8.27.18

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Fri Aug 24 16:16:44 PDT 2018

Monday, August 27th, 2018
Today is a late start Monday bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Pizza Sales
   Choir is selling pizza tomorrow,  $2 a slice and $1 for water.

*Cafeteria news:  Starting today,  August 27th the Vending cart will be open for lunch.   Please have your money out and ready to purchase.
   NO ice cream will be served on the cart this year.

*Back to School Night
   Thurs. Aug. 30th is Back to School Night from 6:00pm to 7:30pm.

*CJSF Sign ups
   Attention 8th graders! It's that time!  CJSF (California Junior Scholarship Federation) sign up before or after school!  Bring your report card and $1 to Mrs. Gibson in room                                                          101 or Mrs. Allen in room 503! Sign ups end tomorrow, Aug. 28th.  Don't miss out on being a part of this prestigious society!!

*Schedule change requests are now available in the Pathfinder, Magellan or Front Office.  If you would like to request a different elective or some other change, please fill one out and return it to the front office by the end of the day today.  There are currently openings in Band, Orchestra, and Choir.  Changes are not guaranteed, so you should follow your original schedule unless called into the office and given a new schedule.

*Attention students - Interested in joining our school LEGO Robotics competition team?  Pick up an interest form in the Main Office.  Then join us for a meeting with our coaches on Wednesday, 8/29, at 6:30 pm in Room 203.  Bring your parents, too!  No previous experience is required, although it helps.
*Yearbooks are currently on sale for $40. After Sept. 7th the price will rise to $45. Last year we sold out so be sure to place your order as soon as possible. You can order at jostensyearbook.com or submit cash or checks to Ms. Stringham in room 603.

*To be or not to be... in the La Joya School Play is the question! If you would like to be in the school play you must audition on Friday August 31st afterschool. You need to see Mr. Morris in Room LM3 to pick up your audition script and to sign up for an audition appointment. And please do not be afraid to approach Mr. Morris with any questions you may have! We would LOVE to have you audition to be a part of our play.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

*La Joya PE will be selling PE clothes in class, on today, August 27th. Shirts will be ten dollars and students have a choice of 3 options; grey dri fit, hunter green dri fit, or a grey t shirt. Shorts are also 10 bucks and are black. Any student wishing to purchase their own need to make sure it is plain grey or hunter green shirt and black shorts.   Payment options are cash, check or money order.

*Do you like to run, want to meet new people or get in shape for your other sport teams then come on out and join our LJ Cross Country team..
Cross Country will be having a short informational meeting and sign ups after school today from 3:30-4 pm. You do not need to be dressed to run, we will just be going over expectations and information. We will practice the following two days on Tuesday and Wednesday after school from 3:30-4:45 pm that week. Any questions, ask your coaches Ms. Beggs or Mr. Hefner

*We are happy to have the 2018-2019 school year under way. If you are interested in playing Fall sports, sign-up sheets are posted inside both locker rooms. Athletic tryouts for the fall season start on Monday, August 27th which means FamilyID clearance forms need to be completed. If you plan to try out for ANY sport this upcoming season, it is important to fill out this new athletics registration form as soon as possible. Registration forms will be available for pick up inside the boys and girls locker rooms (also in each PE class). See Mr. Souza for any additional information.

*Color guard tryouts
Color guard tryouts will be tomorrow, Aug. 28th  and Thurs. Aug. 30th from 3:30pm to 5:00pm in the La Joya Band room.

Parent ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Attention parents, teachers, and students:  The PTSA membership drive is on, and joining just got easier.  Go to https://jointotem.com/ca/visalia/la-joya-middle-school-ptsa/join, or simply fill out a PTSA envelope and send in your $10 dues per member to the La Joya Main Office.  Join by 8/31/18 and you will be added to a drawing for a prepaid Visa gift card!  (One drawing for adult members, and one for student members.)

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302