[LJMS-Bulletin] Friday Bulletin 8.31.18

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Thu Aug 30 16:21:54 PDT 2018

Friday, August 31st, 2018
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*To be or not to be... in the La Joya School Play is the question! If you would like to be in the school play you must audition today after school. You need to see Mr. Morris in Room LM3 to pick up your audition script and to sign up for an audition appointment. And please do not be afraid to approach Mr. Morris with any questions you may have! We would LOVE to have you audition to be a part of our play.

*Garden Club
   Beginning Sept. 5th , Garden Club will meet every Wednesday after school.
*ASB is selling pizza today, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

*Athletics is selling pizza on Tuesday, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

*Students, remember to show PRIDE by getting to class on time.  Next week, we will start assigning detention to students with 3 or more tardies to any class.

* Attention students!  Are you interested in joining our amazing Odyssey of the Mind competition team?  Tryouts are from 4 - 5 pm on Tuesday, September 4, in Room 608.  Be prepared to improvise, build small structures, and think outside of the box to solve spontaneous problems. Also, be prepared to act out a short scene.  Pick up a flier in the Main Office for more information.

* If you have not returned your emergency card, please do so by the end of the day today. Detentions will be assigned for those who do not turn in their card.

*Labor Day
There will be no school on Monday, Sept. 3rd in observance of Labor Day.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

*EL Diamante Football Games:

Thinking of attending the El Diamante football game tonight?  Remember that all students younger than high school must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter the event, and must remain with them at all times when attending a VUSD high school event.

Parent ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Attention parents, teachers, and students:  The PTSA membership drive is on, and joining just got easier.  Go to https://jointotem.com/ca/visalia/la-joya-middle-school-ptsa/join, or simply fill out a PTSA envelope and send in your $10 dues per member to the La Joya Main Office.  Join by 8/31/18 and you will be added to a drawing for a prepaid Visa gift card!  (One drawing for adult members, and one for student members.)

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302