[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 3.21.18

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue Mar 20 16:20:39 PDT 2018

Wednesday, March 21st, 2018
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Attention all students. State testing for the 2017-2018 school year will begin the week we return back from Spring Break.  All 8th grade students will participate in the Science state test from April 4th - April 6th.  All students will then participate in the English Language Arts state exam from April 9th - April 20th.  State testing will conclude with all students participating in the math state exam from April 30th - May 11th.

*The El Diamante AVID applications are due today to Mr. Cartagena.

*Tomorrow will be the parent meeting for the 2019 DC/NY Trip. There will be two meetings: one at 5:30 and one at 6:30 in Room 407. Choose which one you want to attend to gather details of the trip and learn how you can save $150!

*Garden Club meets today after school.

*I wonder if Mrs. Allen used to wear her hair with a lot of hairspray. In the 80s, hairspray was as necessary as water. This Friday is Blast to the Past PRIDE dress up day, so start getting ready to Blast to the Past!!  Dress code still applies.

Sports news

The La Joya  Varsity Softball Team defeated JFK, 15-0, on Monday. They were led by Pitcher Karlie Bilbrey who pitched a complete game. Collecting hits in the game were - Bilbrey (2 hits-homerun and single; Arianna Ruiz (3 hits - homerun, double, and single each); Ryleigh Rush (3); Emelie Lopez, Maddy Caine, and Samira Gutierrez(2); Alejandra Flores, and Nadine Delgado(1). Defensive standout was Jazilyn Vargas.

The 7th grade girls teams defeated JFK 22-7 on Monday.  Calissa Butler-Journey held JFK to 1 run in 4 innings. Everyone who went up to bat got on base and Janessa Campos had a triple.  Great Job Ladies.

On Monday, La Joya beat JFK 16-0, keeping their undefeated streak alive. Offensive standouts include Mikey Ramirez with a triple, Brody Block and Austin Watson each with a hit. Defensive standouts include Preston Boswell, Clayton Robles, and Branson Campbell. The winning pitcher was Brody Block pitching 2 innings.

Wednesday 3/21

Baseball and Softball are at Divisadero,  release time is 2:45, game time is 4:00.

Thursday 3/22

Practices after school

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302