[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 5.2.18 REVISED

Sales, Julie jsales at visalia.k12.ca.us
Tue May 1 16:20:21 PDT 2018

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Students:
Our amazing groundskeeper works very hard to make sure that the campus has beautiful flowers, plants and trees.  Please show respect for his efforts by leaving the plants intact, and not pulling off their flowers or buds.
* State Testing Raffle
Congratulations to yesterday's State Testing Raffle winners.  The winner for the state testing raffle is Ariana Alderete for 7th and Natalie Ramirez for 8th grade.   Please come to the front office after school to pick up your reward.  Show your PRIDE and be here every day doing your best for testing to receive a raffle ticket.

*Garden Club meets today after school.
*Talent show announcement!!! Can you entertain a crowd? Do you have a special skill that's made for the stage? We know La Joya's Got Talent and we are looking for performers for this year's talent show.  Singing, dancing, playing an instrument, telling jokes, whatever your talent, come and audition. You may also sign up to audition as an MC for the show! You must sign up with Mr. Harrell in room 607 if you plan on auditioning. Auditions will be held on Wednesday May 16th, after school in the gym. Start planning!

*May the 4th be with you!!! Friday is national Star Wars day. Every May 4th, Star Wars is celebrated throughout the country, so join in and wear anything Star Wars.  Dress code still applies.

*Next Week is PRIDE week!! Monday dress as anything that begins with "P" for example Purple, Pirates, or Penguins. Tuesday dress in anything "R" - Red, Raiders, etc.. Wednesday dress as anything that begins with "I", Indians, Incredibles, or Indigo, Thursday is "D" day, so dress like a dog, or a duck or anything that starts with "D".  Friday is "E" day so dress like an Explorer, or Emerald Green, even a Meme; THAT'S RIGHT!! I said meme. I'm hoping to see some Walmart Yodelers on Friday.  So Remember PRIDE WEEK next week. Each day will honor a letter from PRIDE.  Dress code still applies.

*La Joya Spirit Shirts
La Joya spirit shirts are now on sale in the main office for $12.  Show your La Joya PRIDE by purchasing one today!

Sports news

Wednesday May 2nd

Baseball and Softball are at Woodrow Wilson (boys baseball is playing the game at JFK), release time is 1:45, game time is 3:30.

Baseball News:  La Joya stomped Green Acres on Monday, 12-2 or 12-1. Regardless we stomped them! Outstaying pitching performance by Dylan Philippe with 8 strike outs, other notable performances came from Austin Watson, Andrew Lunsford, Mikey Ramirez. Be sure to catch the championship game Friday the 11th at El D game starts 4:30. Be there or be square!

Track Athletes please return your washed uniforms to Mr. Lowry in room 303. We will announce when our awards will be shortly but it will not be until the following week due to a limited number of athletes competing this Saturday in the Valley Meet.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302