[LJMS-Bulletin] Thursday Bulletin 5.10.18

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Wed May 9 16:06:34 PDT 2018

Thursday, May 10th, 2018
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Athletics is selling pizza tomorrow, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.
*2017-2018 ASB Elections
Attention 7th grade students.  Are you interested in running for President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Athletic Commissioner, or Activities Commissioner for the 2018-2019 school year?  Well get ready, because applications are available in the Pathfinder Office starting today.  Applications are due today, May 10th.  All applicants must have a 3.0 grade point average, good attendance, and have satisfactory citizenship.

*Talent show announcement!!! Can you entertain a crowd? Do you have a special skill that's made for the stage? We know La Joya's Got Talent and we are looking for performers for this year's talent show.  Singing, dancing, playing an instrument, telling jokes, whatever your talent, come and audition. You may also sign up to audition as an MC for the show! You must sign up with Mr. Harrell in room 607 if you plan on auditioning. Auditions will be held on Wednesday May 16th, after school in the gym. Start planning!

* PRIDE week - Don't forget tomorrow is "E" day Dress in ANYTHING that begins with "E" for example - Emerald Green, Eagles, or by popular demand, dress like your favorite MEME.  Dress code still applies.

*Band Dinner and Concert
Come and join us tonight, from 6:00pm to 9:00pm for some great food and music in the JLC.   It will be a great way to spend an evening!
* State Testing Raffle
Congratulations to yesterday's State Testing Raffle winners.  The winner for the state testing raffle is Nick Senn for 7th grade and Vanessa Rodriguez for 8th grade.   Please come to the front office after school to pick up your reward.  Show your PRIDE and be here every day doing your best for testing to receive a raffle ticket.

*La Joya Students, the PRIDE STORE will be open Friday during lunch.  There will be 1 more Friday left for you to redeem your tickets. The last day the store will be open will be May 18. Tickets NOT redeemed  by May 18 will expire, so come check out the PRIDE Store!

Sports news

Thursday 5/10

8th Grade Softball plays in the Championship game vs. Woodrow Wilson at home, release time is 3:00pm, game time is 4:00pm.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302