[LJMS-Bulletin] Thursday Bulletin 11/8.18

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Wed Nov 7 15:47:10 PST 2018

Thursday, November 8th, 2018
Today is a RTI bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Pizza Sales
ASB is selling pizza tomorrow, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

*Ark Week
Today is give someone a high five day, and Friday is pledge to be kind day. Throughout the week we will have a graffiti wall, which you can go up and put kind words or actions on. Also, we will have the pledge to be kind, so make sure to go up and sign your name to pledge to be kind. We will also have a kindness sheet, which is like a scavenger hunt of kindness.

*Attention Students
Please do not have items handed to you through our fence, including lunches.  All deliveries for students must be made through the front office.  Thank you for your cooperation and helping us to ensure a safe campus.

*There will be no school on Monday, November 12th in observance of Veterans Day.

*La Joya Middle School is participating in Pennies for Patients to help raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS). By participating in this campaign, La Joya can support LLS directly by raising money to help find a cure for diseases such as leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, and myeloma. Additionally, the funds help improve the quality of life of patients and their families.

The fundraiser will run from October 25 through November 9. All we need to do is for each one of us it to bring in any spare change and fill the boxes located in each classroom during the first period. The first-period class that raises the most money will win a donut party.

There is still time to collect more donations for your first-period class to win a doughnut party. The deadline for donations is November 9.
Please let me know if you have any donations in your classroom.
*We are looking for La Joya's top twenty 7th grade and top 8th grade spellers, for a school wide spelling Bee. Pick up the list of 100 words for your grade from an English teacher, or see Mrs. Allen in room 503.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Attention La Joya Athletes,

If you would like to get an early start on the upcoming winter seasons, come on out for some conditioning Mon-Thurs after school from 3:30- 5:00pm. Every student is more than welcome to join! If you are interested or would like more information- see Mr. Souza.

Winter Sports try-outs will begin on Tuesday, November 13th  after school. If you are interested in playing a winter sport, sign-up sheets are posted inside both locker rooms. -See Mr. Souza for more information.

7th grade girls basketball try-outs will begin on Thursday November 8th after school outside on the basketball courts.

Thursday 11/8

Cross Country Awards inside gym after school.
Bring uniforms to turn in.
7th Grade Girls Basketball Tryouts begin after school- see Mr. Taylor

Friday 11/9

7th Grade Girls Basketball Tryouts after school- see Mr. Taylor

parent ANNOUNCEMENTS

The next PTSA meeting will be held on Tues. Nov. 13th from 5:30pm to 6:30pm in the Library.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302