[LJMS-Bulletin] Thursday Bulletin 9.6.18

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Wed Sep 5 16:05:20 PDT 2018

Thursday, Sept. 6th, 2018
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Tardies
   Administrators will start assigning detention to students with 3 or more tardies to any class.

*Pizza Sales
   Band is selling pizza tomorrow, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

*College
It's never too early to think about college. Tuesday Sept. 11 is College Night at Tulare Agri-Center. La Joya will be taking a bus for the first 50 students to turn in their permission slip. The cost of the trip is free. We will be leaving La Joya at 5:00 PM and returning at 8:30. There will be over 50 colleges and important seminars such as: College Admissions, Financial Aid, and Scholarship opportunities. Please pick up the permission slip in the front office. Deadline is Friday Sept. 7th.

*Great news La Joya!
The PRIDE store will be opening tomorrow, Sept. 7th during 1st and 2nd lunch.  PRIDE tickets can be banked into your account or be used as "cash" to be redeemed for snacks and other prizes.  Be sure to check out the store sign in the cafeteria, to see what's available. Also, be sure to show PRIDE to earn these tickets!

parent ANNOUNCEMENTS

*PTSA Meeting
   Parents, there will be a PTSA meeting on Monday, Sept. 17th in the Library from 5:30pm to 6:30pm.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school.

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302