[LJMS-Bulletin] Friday Bulletin 8.22.19

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Thu Aug 22 16:26:14 PDT 2019

Friday, Aug. 23rd, 2019
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*P. E. clothes can now be purchased from your P.E. teacher.  Prices are $15 for a shirt, $15 for a pair of shorts or $25 for a set.  Sweatshirts and sweatpants are available for $25 each.  Supplies are limited.

*School Pictures are today, August 23rd, remember to say, "cheese"!
*Safety
Students when crossing any of the streets surrounding La Joya, please remember to be safe.  Look both ways before crossing and use the crosswalks whenever possible, making sure that people in cars, or on bikes see you before crossing.

* If you would like to be a lunch worker for 1st or 2nd lunch, please see Mrs. Mcleroy in the cafeteria before school or at lunch.

* AVID is selling pizza today, $2 a slice and $1 for a water
*Attention 8th graders! It's that time!  CJSF (California Junior Scholarship Federation) sign ups have begun!  Bring your report card and $1 to Mrs. Gibson in room 101 or Mrs. Allen in room 503! Sign-ups end today, August 23rd.  Don't miss out on being a part of this prestigious society!!

*Back to School Night
Tuesday, Sept. 3rd is Back to School Night from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. There will be Tacos Galacticos and Jamba Juice for sale.  We hope to see you there!

* The PRIDE store will be open Wednesdays after school from 3:10pm to 3:30pm, and Fridays before school from 7:40am to 8:05am.

sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Fall sports tryouts for cross country, football, and volleyball, will be held on Monday, August 26th after school.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Administrative Assistant
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302