[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 12.11.19

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Tue Dec 10 16:07:57 PST 2019

Wednesday, Dec. 11th, 2019
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
.

*Garden Club meets today after school.

*La Joya Athletics is having their annual Winter Applebee's Flapjack Fundraiser event this Saturday, December 14th.   It will be held at the Applebee's on Akers from 8:00am-10:00am, and tickets are $10 each.  If you are interested, please contact Mr. Souza and he will send an athlete your way.  Come on out and enjoy a great breakfast served by our very own La Joya athletes!

*Calling all spellers. If you would like to participate in the Tulare County Spelling Bee, come by and see Mrs. Allen in Room 503 to pick up a spelling list and find out more information about the spelling bee.

*The selling of outside food, snacks, or drinks is not permitted/allowed on campus.

*Tomorrow, at both lunches, yearbook will have a voting booth for class personalities. Some of this year's categories include: Most Athletic, Most Likely to be Tik Tok Famous, Best Smile, Future President and more! Be sure to stop by and vote Thursday at lunch!

*1st Semester Finals Schedule
Finals start the week of Dec. 16th - Monday is a Regular Late Start Schedule with no finals.  Tuesday is 0 period and 1st period finals.  Students are out at the normal time of 3:13 p.m.  Wednesday is 2nd period and 5th period finals.  Students are out of school at 12:30 p.m.  Thursday is 3rd period and 6th period finals.  Students are out of school at 12:30 p.m.  Friday is 4th period and 7th period finals.  Students out at 12:30 p.m.  Please try to have all appointments scheduled outside these times.  Food served before school and at break only.

*PBIS Fundraiser
Students, come on out with your family to Mountain Mike's Pizza on Walnut, tonight December 11th, for our PBIS Mountain Mike's fundraiser.  For every sale, Mountain Mike's will donate 25% of that sale to La Joya to promote positive behavior on our campus.  That means more prizes at the PRIDE store, and more activities at school that you will enjoy.  Be sure to show up with the Mtn Mike's flyer and treat yourself to some awesome pizza!

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Congratulations to the first win of the season to the Varsity Lady Explorers.  On Monday night they defeated the Ridgeview Raptors by the score of 46-10.  Our team showed up ready to play and worked hard all game.  Reyna Soto lead the way with 12 points, Annabelle Navarro had 10, Kalisa Holmes 8pts, Olivia Torres knocked down a three pointer finished with 5 points.  Navea Creason and Kaitlyn Ramos finished with 4 points.   And Jenevee Campos had 2.  The whole team played at a fast pace with great defense creating a lot of turn overs and points in transition.  Way to go team!

*Congratulations to the Varsity Girls Soccer team who beat Ridgeview yesterday 2-1. Taylor Vandergriff found the back of the net in the first 10 minutes by an assist from Keyana Speight. La Joya was tied going into the last minutes of play, when Jordyn Soto scored off a ball by Alyviah Sanchez. Allison Alvarez, Carmen Gaebe and Taylor Vandergriff lead the team defensively with keeping Ridgeview from shooting. Bella Villarreal shut down Ridgeview's number 1 player all game. Alisha Vasquez came up big with 8 saves in the goal and Laila Fernandez had 2 saves. Way to start the season strong, great job ladies!

*The Girls JV Basketball Team defeated Ridgeview on Monday 42 - 11.  Alani Carranza led the way with 14 points, 6 assists and 6 rebounds, while Citali Barajas scored 10 points and Khianna Hardwick added 5 points and 8 rebounds.  The girls will play JFK at home today after school at 3:30, be there!

 Wednesday 12/11

Basketball/Soccer Games vs. JFK @ 3:30pm
Girls at Home (release all soccer at 3:00pm and 7th grade basketball at 3:00pm)
Boys @ JFK (Release time 2:00pm)
Wrestling practice at 5:30pm.

Thursday 12/12

Wrestling Match @ Ridgeview @ 3:30pm (release time 2:15pm)
Basketball/soccer practice after school 3:30pm

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Administrative Assistant
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302