[LJMS-Bulletin] Tuesday Bulletin 2.5.19

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Mon Feb 4 16:21:29 PST 2019

Tuesday, Feb. 5th, 2019
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Choir is selling pizza today, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

*Musical Chairs?
Students, are you fast enough to beat your opponents in a game of Musical Chairs? Well, that thought is going to be a reality for several students this Friday, the 8th, during the Fun Friday lunch. We will be holding a free raffle for a chance for several students to compete against each other in a game of Musical Chairs to win a McDonald's gift card. Prizes will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place. Raffle tickets will be available for students during both lunches. Be sure to put your name in the raffle, to make sure you are chosen for Musical Chairs. Good luck!

* Valentine's Day Candygrams go on sale today through Friday for the Bargain of Buy 1 get 1 free for a Dollar. They will be sold at lunch by AVID club. Remember, that's 2 for 1 dollar WOOOOW!!!  Don't leave those that you care about without a Candygram!!!

* CJSF
Show your LJ PRIDE!  Sign up to be an Honor Graduate for La Joya.  In order to be an Honor Graduate, you must be a CJSF member for 3 of your 4 semesters here at La Joya.  CJSF - California Junior Scholastic Federation is an Honor Society that you must qualify for with your good grades.  Seventh and eighth graders it is your time to sign up.  Bring your last semester's report card (which you will receive on Thursday) and  $1 dues and see Mrs. Gibson in room 101 or Mrs. Allen in room 503 beginning Friday, January 25th!   Today is the last day!

Congratulations to the following students who were selected and participated in the TULARE-KINGS COUNTY MUSIC EDUCATORS ASSOCIATION MIDDLE SCHOOL HONOR CHOIR:

Aguirre, Samantha
Alvarado, Felicity
Anderson, Baylee
Boggs, Sarlen
Cruz, Ana
Flores, Destiny
Hernandez, Esmeralda
McGill, McKenna
Nuckels, Aiden
Rivas, Athan
Rosales, Jaclyn
Saldana, Robert
Staples, Kaylee
Woodley, Kaitlynn
Awesome job!

*The price of a La Joya yearbook is now $50. March 1st is the last day to guarantee a yearbook for yourself. Last year we sold out of yearbooks so be sure to order as soon as possible.  Yearbooks can be purchased at jostensyearbooks.com or you can purchase a yearbook from Ms. Stringham in room 603.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302