[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 2.6.19 REVISED

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Tue Feb 5 16:19:09 PST 2019

Wednesday, Feb. 6th, 2019
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Musical Chairs?
Students, are you fast enough to beat your opponents in a game of Musical Chairs? Well, that thought is going to be a reality for several students this Friday, the 8th, during the Fun Friday lunch. We will be holding a free raffle for a chance for several students to compete against each other in a game of Musical Chairs to win a McDonald's gift card. Prizes will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place. Raffle tickets will be available for students during both lunches. Be sure to put your name in the raffle, to make sure you are chosen for Musical Chairs. Good luck!

*Garden Club meets today after school.
* Only 3 days left to get your friends and loved ones a candygram. AVID club will be selling them at lunch for the outstanding bargain of buy 1 get 1 free for a Dollar. They will be delivered February 14th ..of course. Hurry while supplies last!!!

*The price of a La Joya yearbook is now $50. March 1st is the last day to guarantee a yearbook for yourself. Last year we sold out of yearbooks so be sure to order as soon as possible.  Yearbooks can be purchased at jostensyearbooks.com or you can purchase a yearbook from Ms. Stringham in room 603.

*Fun Friday
This Friday, we are having a "Fun Friday" One-Lunch Bell Schedule.  Lunch will be from 12:35pm - 1:35pm.   There will be pizza, tacos, Churros, Kona Ice, and Jamba Juice for sale!   Come on out and enjoy!

SPORTS ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Girls JV Basketball team continued their winning streak defeating Green Acres in a physical battle 25-22 on Monday.  The team played through physical play and foul trouble, led on offense and defense by Nevaeh Creason, Olivia Torres, Reyna Soto, and Lily Huerta, great job girls.  The team's next game will be Wednesday on the road against Woodrow Wilson.

On Wednesday the JV Boys Basketball team defeated Divisadero, 60-27. The team was led by Santana Guijarro who had 10 points and more than 10 assists. Abraham Maciel had 12 points, Keynen Gomez (9), Josiah Simmons (6), Jordan Sanchez (5), Jayden Dillihunt (4), Connor White (3), and Emmanuel Robles, Kevin Baldwin, Jayden Lopez, and Isaiah Rivera (all with 2). The team was led on defense by Guijarro, Robles, Gomez, Maciel, Sanchez, Rivera, and Simmons.

Last week the team defeated JFK 49-15. Scoring for La Joya were Abraham Maciel (16), Keynen Gomez (11), Ethan Navarez (6), Emmanuel Robles (5), Jordan Sanchez (3), Santana Guijarro, Jayden Dillihunt, and Isaiah Rivera (2), and Josiah Simmons and Connor White (1).

Wednesday 2/6

Boys basketball and soccer game vs. Woodrow Wilson @ 3:30 (release time 3:05)
Girls basketball and soccer @ Woodrow Wilson 3:30pm (release time 2:15)
Wrestling practice @ 6:00pm

Thursday 2/7
Boys basketball and soccer vs. Green Acres @ 3:30pm (release time 3:05) Honoring 8th grade boys night
Girls soccer @ Green Acres 3:30 (release time 2:35)
Wrestling @ Valley Oak 4:00pm (release time 2:35)

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302