[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday Bulletin 3.4.19

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Fri Mar 1 15:50:54 PST 2019

Monday, March 4th, 2019
Today is a late start Monday bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Students - when you are arriving to campus in the morning, please move onto campus and remain there until Period 1 starts.  You should not be hanging out in the area by the front sign, by the parking lot, or the bike rack area.  Thank you.

* Attention DC/NY 2019 participants! There is a mandatory parent and student meeting in Room 407 at 5:30 PM on March 14th. We will be discussing important details regarding our trip! See Ms. Austerman if you have questions or concerns.

*AVID is selling pizza tomorrow, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.
*Please support our spring school-wide fundraiser in selling Cookie-Dough.  Sale ends Wednesday March 13th.  Top three sellers in the school will get to SPIN THE MONEY WHEEL! For a chance to win from $5-$100!  So sell, sell, sell!

*Attention students, starting Monday, March 4th, since the weather is warming up, you may no longer wear hats at school.  For example, Baseball caps and beanies may not be worn at school.  Thank you.

*The Limbo?
Students, how low can you go? There will be a limbo contest this coming Friday, March 8, during the Fun Friday lunch to see who can get the lowest. We will be holding a free raffle for a chance to participate in the limbo contest to win a gift card. Raffle tickets will be available for students during both lunches. Be sure to put your name in the raffle, to make sure you are chosen for The Limbo. Good luck!

*Looking for something to do this Saturday. Come to WIN Academy. You can play board and computer games with Mr. Hefner, play Sports with Mr. Hunt, work on your Anthology Project with Ms. Austerman, or get caught up in ELA with Mrs. Allen.  On top of that, attending helps you makeup an unexcused absence. Sign up online by Wednesday at 3:00, and you can have a lunch ordered for you. Sign up through the La Joya website, and encourage a friend to sign up too.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Today is the last day to join track. Tuesday March 5th, rosters will close. Any student interested in track needs to come out Monday- Thursday 3:30-5 at the track. Any questions please see Ms. Beggs.

Monday 3/4

All Spring sports practice @ 3:30. Pictures will be on Wednesday, please bring picture packets with you. Ask you coach if you are in need of a packet.

Tuesday 3/5

All Spring sports practice@ 3:30. Pictures will be tomorrow after school.  Please bring picture packets with you. Ask you coach if you are in need of a packet.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Secretary II
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302