[LJMS-Bulletin] Thursday Bulletin 5.16.19

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Wed May 15 16:48:07 PDT 2019

Thursday, May 16th 2019
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Looking for something to do this Saturday. Our last WIN Academies are May 18th and June 1st. You can play computer games with Mr. Saroca, play Sports with Mr. Hunt, do improv and play drama games with Mr. Morris, get caught up in math with Ms. Mederos, or get caught up in ELA with Mrs. Allen.  On top of that, attending helps you make up an unexcused absence. Sign up through the La Joya website, and encourage a friend to sign up too.

* If you helped work on the quilt during RTI, come by Mrs. Allen's room, room 503, before school, at break, or after school to sign a thank you card for Mrs. Cavale.

*Talent show announcement!!! Can you entertain a crowd? Do you have a special skill that's made for the stage? We know La Joya's Got Talent and we are looking for performers for this year's talent show.  Singing, dancing, playing an instrument, telling jokes, whatever your talent, come and audition. You may also sign up to audition as an MC for the show! You must sign up with Mr. Harrell in room 607 if you plan on auditioning. Auditions will be held on Wednesday May 22nd, after school in the gym. Start planning!

*Builders Club meets today after school.

*Congratulations to yesterday's State Testing Raffle winners.  The winners for the state testing raffle are Annabelle Navarro for 7th and A.J. Medders for 8th grade.   Please come to the front office after school to pick up your reward.  Show your PRIDE and be here every day doing your best for testing to receive a raffle ticket.

*       Perfect Attendance
Do you have perfect attendance for this year?  Are you an 8th grader who believes they have perfect attendance for both 7th and 8th grade?  There is a tan 8th grade perfect attendance list and a blue 7th grade perfect attendance list posted in all classrooms.  If you believe your name should be on either list and is not, it is very important to see Mrs. Sales in the Pathfinder Office by Friday, May 17th 3:30 p.m. We do not want to miss anyone.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Administrative Assistant
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302