[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday Bulletin 3.2.2020

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Fri Feb 28 16:00:45 PST 2020

Monday, March 2nd, 2020
Today is a late start Monday bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

*Calling all 8th graders!!!  Mark your calendar!  El Diamante cordially invites all incoming 9th grade parents to attend our 8th Grade Future Miner Night being held tonight, March 2nd.  This orientation will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the El Diamante Gymnasium.  This is an excellent opportunity to tour the EDHS campus, learn about the registration process and discover the exciting programs offered on our campus.  Tacos Galactico's and Bite Me Donuts/Ice Cream will be available for purchase!

*Students attending El Diamante High School, are invited to attend an informational meeting about the EDHS AVID program in Room 357 immediately following Future Miner Night. There will be current AVID students to answer questions, information about the application process, and free ice cream! Hope to see you there!

* Washington D.C. and New York City 2021 informational meeting will be held on Thursday, March 12th. You can choose to come to the 4:45 PM meeting or the meeting at 5:30 PM. See Ms. Austerman in room 407 for more details.

* Looking for something to do this Saturday?  Come to Saturday Academy. You can get work done with Ms. Moore, or watch some movies with Ms. Austerman, or practic for the play with Ms. Denton.  On top of that, attending helps you make up an unexcused absence. Sign up<https://forms.gle/GGJizfVk62M8VZqn8> online by Tuesday, and you can have a lunch ordered for you. Sign up<https://forms.gle/GGJizfVk62M8VZqn8> through the La Joya website, and encourage a friend to sign up too.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

All spring sports practice Monday-Thursday at 3:30pm.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to be present all day, every day, and in every way!

Julie Sales
Administrative Assistant
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302