[LJMS-Bulletin] Monday Bulletin 1.27.20

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Fri Jan 24 16:16:38 PST 2020

Monday, Jan. 27th, 2020
Today is a late start Monday/Minimum Day bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
.

* Our amazing groundskeeper works very hard to make sure that the campus has beautiful flowers, plants, trees.  Please show respect for his efforts by leaving the plants intact, not pulling off their flowers or buds, and staying off the grass.  Also, pick up any trash on the ground you many find, even if it's not yours.    Let's show PRIDE in our campus!

*Today is a minimum day, students are released at 1:30pm.

*Congratulations to Lana Gibson and Menke Doyle for securing their spots at the Tulare Count Spelling Bee.  Also, congratulations to Mikhael Duquette, Christian Freeman who will be the alternates.

*AVID is selling pizza tomorrow, $2 a slice and $1 for a water.

*Be an honor graduate! CJSF Sign-ups start today.  Bring your semester report card and $1 due to Ms. Sayre in room 101 or Mrs. Allen in room 503 to see if you qualify to be a member of this prestigious society.  Sign-ups will end Friday January 31st so don't delay!!

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Congratulations to the Varsity Girls Soccer team who had an amazing game against Ridgeview last week. The final score was 2-1 Ridgeview who broke the tie game in the final 3 minutes. La Joya was playing with one sub the whole game. Alyviah Sanchez scored the only goal. Jocelyn Housey had to step up and play goalie for LJ with both goalies out. Jocelyn had 10 saves in the goal. Allison Alvarez came up defensively big with 7 saves. They are now tied for 1st in league.

Monday 1/27

Basketball/Soccer Games vs. JFK @ 3:30pm.
Boys at Home
Girls @ JFK- bus will be here to leave at 2:45pm
Wrestling practice at 5:30pm.

Tuesday 1/28

All sports practice at 3:30pm

parent ANNOUNCEMENTS

The next PTSA meeting is tonight at 5:30pm in the Library.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to have LJ PRIDE in who you are, in what you do, and in our school!

Julie Sales
Administrative Assistant
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302