[LJMS-Bulletin] Wednesday Bulletin 3.11.2020

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Tue Mar 10 15:50:14 PDT 2020

Wednesday, March 11th, 2020
Today is a regular bell schedule

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Attention 8th grade students, are you interested in being a cheerleader or dance team member at El Diamante next year?  There are cheer/dance team packets available for pickup in the Pathfinder office.   Dance packets are due tomorrow, March 12th,  at the audition and cheer packets are due 3/30.   No late packets will be accepted.

* Our amazing groundskeeper works very hard to make sure that the campus has beautiful flowers, plants, trees, and grass.  Please show respect for his efforts by leaving the plants intact, not pulling off their flowers or buds, and staying off the grass.  Also, pick up any trash on the ground you many find, even if it's not yours.    Let's show PRIDE in our campus!

* Tomorrow is the Washington D.C. and New York City 2021 Informational meeting in Room 407. You can choose to come to the 4:45 PM meeting or the meeting at 5:30 PM. You can get a discount for coming! See Ms. Austerman in room 407 for more details.

* Looking for something to do this Saturday?  Come to Saturday Academy.  You can get work done with Mrs. Allen, work on your history project with Ms. Austerman, practice for choir with Ms. Kenyon, practice for the play with Mr. Morris, or do some creative writing and games with Ms. Rodriguez.  On top of that, attending helps you make up an unexcused absence. Sign up<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYNfZO0rpQ-YXzvxsbDIf23n14WTBhFp3uWEBBnNm5CTD6fw/viewform?usp=sf_link> through the La Joya website, and encourage a friend to sign up too.

*Garden Club meets today after school.

Sports ANNOUNCEMENTS

Wednesday, March 11th

* Athletic pictures inside the gym at 3:30pm- please bring picture packets.

Thursday, March 12th

*Track Meet at Redwood High School- release time 2:30pm.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to be present all day, every day, and in every way!

Julie Sales
Administrative Assistant
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302