[LJMS-Bulletin] Tuesday Bulletin 11.17.2020

Sales, Julie jsales at vusd.org
Mon Nov 16 15:24:12 PST 2020

Tuesday, November 17th, 2020

Good morning Explorers, let's remember to have La Joya PRIDE in everything we do!

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

ASI Information

ASI will take place Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  Don't forget to check your email to see if your teacher has assigned you to ASI.  ASI is not optional, be sure to show LJ pride and attend your assigned interventions.

Hey La Joya Students! Join us TOMORROW for a Quiz Trivia Game hosted by the Leadership Students! It takes place on Wednesday the 18th. Remember to join our Zoom meeting from 3:00 pm to 3:30 pm and also to Sign up on the Google Form to Participate for an opportunity to win some amazing prizes! The link to the Quiz Website and the Google Form can be found in your Schoology Updates.

Calling all spellers!

It's official, the Tulare County Spelling Bee is On!  Will you be the speller that represents La Joya?  For the first spelling list email Mrs. Allen at kallen at vusd.org<mailto:kallen at vusd.org>

Grab-n-Go Meals will be distributed once a week, on Thursdays ONLY at two service times.

  *   Day service: 10:00am to 12:00 pm
  *   Evening service: 5:00pm to 7:00pm

LOCATION:  In front of the school, in the parking lot.
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided for the entire week, for students enrolled in VUSD

WEDNESDAY REMINDERS

ADVISORY FROM  8:20AM TO 8:30AM FOR ALL STUDENTS.  Asynchronous learning will occur for all students.  Additionally, students may be selected for enrichment and/or intervention via small group instruction.  Small groups will be scheduled on Wednesday mornings between 8:40am and 12:10pm.  *Sites will schedule groups according to need.

ORCHESTRA instruments, tuning and fix-it time is every Wednesday from 11- noon.

P.E. Equipment

Tomorrow, November 18, 2020, please come by and pick up your student's P.E. equipment during the following times:  10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.  Your student will be receiving one jump and one exercise band from the P.E. Department.  Please enter through the Northside of campus on La Vida Street.  We will have two stations set up behind the cafeteria for your convenience.

Have a Great Day, Explorers!  Remember to be present all day, every day, and in every way!

Julie Sales
Administrative Assistant
La Joya Middle School
Telephone:  559-730-7302