[MWHS Daily Bulletin] News and Updates

Mount Whitney High School Daily Bulletin mwhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Tue Nov 28 09:49:10 PST 2017

Staff, sorry for the long absence but it is great to be back!

1.  On December 14th we will hold our annual Christmas/Winter Break luncheon.  I would like to again provide the meat (chicken). And have staff members work through Mary to signup for various sides and desserts.

2. We are on our way with the Pioneer Family Christmas but time is running short.  We need to raise $1500 in order to meet the needs of our feeder families.   I will need to collect the money on 12/8/17 at the end of the day.    To incentivize the process, I will by donuts & juice for the 2nd period class that raises the most per capita.  I will supply the donuts either on finals day or during the first two days that week (teachers choice).

3.  For those that are not aware, we had a scare over the weekend and nearly lost one of our own.  Carl “pops” Lyon was taken to ICU at Kaweah Delta for ongoing issues related to Pneumonia.  After a valiant effort by the staff at KDDH he is now been downgraded and is on the mend.  He still has a long battle to go and could use your thoughts and prayers.

4. Our long-time YSO Steve Howerton has accepted a position out off state and will be leaving us on 12/8/17.  Please take a minute to come by and thank him for his excellent service to our school and staff.

5. As a reminder, finals will be distributed on Friday 12/8 for use during finals periods.  Any students leaving school before finals would need to make them up upon return.   Also no parties during exam days period.  These are stressful enough days without having students next door engaged in a party while yours attempt to take their exams.   ALSO DO NOT release students early if you complete the exams.  Make a plan for filler activities if your exam runs short as students will not be released and roamers cause disruptions to others.

“If not us who? And if not now when?”

Rick Hamilton
Principal-Mt. Whitney High School
900 S Conyer St.