[MWHS Daily Bulletin] October 24 2017- Daily Bulletin

Mount Whitney High School Daily Bulletin mwhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Tue Oct 24 08:04:35 PDT 2017

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]Mt. Whitney High School[cid:image002.jpg at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]

A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers!
Go Pioneers!
October 24, 2017
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]<http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwi1l8Oxg7nWAhUV9WMKHQj0D28QjRwIBw&url=http://www.fansshare.com/gallery/photos/15977716/fall-wallpapers-desktop-free-wallpaper/&psig=AFQjCNG_tEpi0ymAXKmLFOb0hOAasD_5ww&ust=1506177699942699>

Daily Bulletin

  [cid:image004.jpg at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]                            Tuesday– October 24, 2017 [cid:image004.jpg at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]

Tuesday-Friday (Regular) Bell Schedule
Period 0

7:20

-    8:17

57 minutes

Period 1

8:23

-    9:20

57 minutes

Period 2

9:26

-    10:29

63 minutes

Period 3

10:35

-    11:32

57 minutes

Period 4

11:38

-    12:35

57 minutes

Lunch

12:35

-    1:15

40 minutes

Period 5

1:21

-    2:18

57 minutes

Period 6

2:24

-    3:21

57 minutes

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]Student Notes[cid:image006.jpg at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]

1. Do you want to get into Home Games for Free? And get major discounts on dance tickets? Buy an ASB sticker for $30 and save money. ASB stickers are now being sold in the Finance office. They will be sold all year long.

2. Attention MW Pioneer fans- MW volleyball is selling MW Pioneer shirts to promote PIONEER PRIDE.  They are just $15.  Want to go all out with your Pioneer Pride?  You can purchase the PIONEER PRIDE PACKAGE- this comes with the MW PIONEER shirt, a MW PIONEER fan and a MW PIONEER decal for your car….all for just $20.  Please show your PIONEER PRIDE by purchasing your PIONEER gear.  You may also go to the front office to get this Amazing and Affordable package! GO PIONEERS!!!  Volleyball thanks you for your support!
3. Join the 3D Printing Club and learn how to print in 3D.  Meetings are every Tuesday and Thursday in RmS11 from 3:30-6pm.  Want to learn how to 3D print?  The 3D printing club is in Rm S11 every Tuesday and Wednesday from 3:30-6pm.
4.  Need help with your school work?  Go to the library before and after school.  Teachers, XL staff, and tutors are available to help you.  Visit the XL program in Rm. S11.  They are open all week until 6pm.  Everything they offer is free.  You can get food, participate in fun activities, and get help with school work.
5. On Monday October 30th, MWHS will be holding its bi-annual blood drive in the gym, in honor of Josh Villarreal. Our goal is to raise 200 pints of blood!   We are asking staff, faculty, students, and Community members to come out and support this great cause, and Donate in honor of Josh.  If you are a fall sport athlete and cannot donate, we are challenging you to get two people to donate in your place. To participate, pick up a blood drive packet from the front office, or in k-5 and see Ms. Shipley to sign up for a time by October 27th. The California Blood Center is in dire need of blood. Come out and donate, you can help save a life!

6. Are you ready for Halloween? Come by the Drama room this week at lunch for our performances of Horror Movie 101: Failing Can Be Deadly. One scene will be performed each day this week at lunch. For $2 you can get a bag of freshly popped popcorn and watch a creepy scene. Buy a ticket good for the whole week for only $7.
7. Attention all Sophomores- Class shirts are available this year. Come by B-206 or Amaral Building if you would like to order them. The shirts cost $15

8. Send a Boo-Gram to a friend for only $1.  Available in G4 or from any Pioneer Partner.  Boo-Grams will be delivered on Oct. 31
9. It’s time for Musical Auditions!!! Come by B-27 to pick up a packet and join the all-school musical!
10. Juniors and Seniors interested in taking the ASVAB, sign-ups are in the counseling office before school, during lunch or after school. The test will take place November 9th.
11. 3 DAYS ONLY! Check out this scary good deal…Buy your yearbook Oct. 25, 26 or 27th, in Room B-207, for only $80 and get your name on your book FOR FREE (if you mention a certain something that has been sent to your school email account). This $10 savings is not available for online purchases. But wait…there’s more…a free treat with every purchase as well! Get yours NOW!!
12. Congratulations Band & Guard on a huge improvement in your competition. They placed 5th at Fresno State this past Saturday and Percussion took home 1st place in their division. Good luck this weekend as you head to Central High East!
13. Are you looking for something to do after school?  Come by the XL Program in S11 to see what we have to offer!  We have many clubs going on during the week. All are welcome!
14. Pioneers! Nominate a Mt. Whitney Staff member or Teacher for October Pioneer PRIDE Staff of the Month. It can be any adult on campus who you think shows Pioneer PRIDE (Positivity, Respect, Integrity, Determination, Engagement). Check your vusd.us email for the link to a Google form to fill out. The winner will be honored at the next rally.
15. Attention Students- FFA is running our annual Kiss the Cow Fundraiser.  Donations will be accepted from Oct. 21st- Nov. 3rd.  The staff member with the most money will have to kiss the cow at the Cowhide Rally and all the money earned will be donated to Pioneer Partners. Drop the money in your teacher’s cow jug!

[cid:image007.png at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]Sports [cid:image007.png at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]
                                  SPORTS BULLETIN

Oct. 24

Congratulations to the varsity football team for scoring the final 15 points in their 29-26 come from behind victory over Hanford on Friday night.  Leading the way for the Pioneers was quarterback Jaedyn Pineda who finished with over 450 yards of total offense for the 2nd game in a row while passing for 3 touchdowns and 1 rushing.  Anthony Valencia finished with 163 yards receiving with 2 touchdowns, Juan Garcia finished with over 70 yards of total offense and the game winning touchdown, and Jonathan Hadley, Michael McKernan and Zach Reza all finished with over 50 yards receiving.  Defensively, Jacob Ryals finished with 10 tackles, Jaydan Gajdusek had 8 tackles, and Jacob Torres and Andrew Garza each had 7 tackles.

Congratulations to MW's cross country teams for putting in a great performance at the Clovis Twilight Friday night.  AJ Wolfert was 6th overall and 1st in small schools.  The Frosh-Soph and JV boys teams finished first led by Eric Ragan and Cristobal Medina.  On the girls side top performers were Hannah Ellis, Sky Garcia, Connie Jaramillo, Liliana Salado and Morya Peterson.

Congratulations to Varsity girls golfer, Sigrid Segura for shooting 95 at the WYL Area Qualifier last week.  She qualified for the area meet yesterday in Lemoore with an opportunity to advance to the Valley Meet.

Anyone interested in playing boys basketball, mandatory conditioning has started if not playing a fall sport.  Tryouts for boys basketball will be held Monday, November 6 - Wednesday, November 8 starting at 6:00pm.

All athletes planning on being on the track team need to stop by the girls PE office to pick up their fundraising packet from Coach Moshier.

Attention staff and students, the Mt. Whitney Football Boosters will be selling Pink Out shirts today AFTER SCHOOL ON Tuesday and Thursday for only $10.  The Oct. 27 football game vs. Golden West will be our Annual Pink Out game, everyone needs to where pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month.  The game will also be televised on KMPH, so let's show the valley our Pioneer Pride school spirit.  Thank you.

Attention all JV football players, the game vs. Golden West on Friday, Oct. 27 will be played at 4:30pm, NOT 5:00pm. The varsity game will still begin at 7:30pm.

End of the season awards banquet: Girls Tennis, Monday, Oct. 31, Girls Golf, Thursday, Nov. 2 at 5:30pm, Cross Country, Tuesday, Nov. 14 at 6pm.  Banquet are in the MW cafeteria.

Teachers, please excuse the volleyball team today at 2:45, the bus will leave for Hanford at 3:00, the boys water polo team today at 2:45, the bus will leave for Hanford at 3:00. There are no early outs for girls water polo, the bus will leave for Hanford at 5:00pm.  There are no early outs for Wednesday, Oct. 25.  Thank you and good luck to all our student-athletes.

[cid:image008.png at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]

Club Notes

1.     XL Glee Club practice on Wednesdays after school at 3:30 in room J-12.  Everyone is welcomed.   Club meetings are every Thursday during lunch in J-12.

2.    PLS (the poetry club) will meet next Tuesday in J-5 during lunch.

3.    Come join FCA for some tacos and a testimony from an exciting guess speaker!  FCA will be having a meeting TODAY during lunch in S-12.  Remember, bring one friend to this meeting. 1 person, 1 percent.  See you there!

4.    The Gay/Straight Alliance will continue to meet Thursdays in J-14.  All are welcome!

5.    Link Crew Meeting tomorrow at 12:45 in K7. Bring your lunch! We will be discussing Cowhide decorating and Lunchtime activities.

6.    Hey Key Clubbers!  We have a meeting tomorrow in B25 @ 12:50.  Don’t forget to bring your $10 for you club shirt and also sign up to volunteer this Saturday on Kiwanis Make A Difference Day!

7.    Also Attention FFA members- we are having our monthly meeting in the cafeteria at 4pm on October 25th.  After the meeting, we’ll be going to Vossler Farms!

[cid:image009.jpg at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]  Senior Notes [cid:image010.jpg at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]

1.   Every Friday we will have a Fresno State Ambassador in the library to answer any questions you may have regarding admission. If you are interested, please sign up in the counseling office with Ms. Herrera.

2.    If you are planning on applying to a University of California campus or a California State University campus for Fall 2018, you need to sign up for their Application Workshops that we are holding at school, so that you can get help filling it out.  The UC workshop is on Monday Oct. 23 and the CSU is on Monday Oct 30. If you did not already sign up in your English class, be sure to come into the counseling office to sign up.  For more info see Mrs. Sarabian or Ms. Herrera.

3.      SENIORS- Jostens will be on campus on Thursday, Oct. 26th, during 4th Period at 11:45 am in the Gym handing out Caps and Gowns information for Graduation.  Please report to class first, then report to the gym at 11:45 am. PLEASE plan on being at school that day to get this important information.  On Thursday, Nov. 2nd, orders will be collected in S-12 during your Civics or Economics class.  If you do not have a Civics or Econ class, you may go to S-12 before school, during lunch or after school until 3:30pm.  If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Reyes in the main office.

[cid:image011.png at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]College Visit Sign-ups [cid:image012.png at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]
None at this time

[cid:image013.jpg at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]Senior Scholarships [cid:image014.jpg at 01D34C9E.BB713A60]

1.      Attention Seniors: COS Scholarship Application is now available for the 2018-2019 school year, the deadline is November 27th.  Are you a current high school student or first-time college student? Are you planning on becoming a fall 2018 incoming (first-time) student? If yes, there are two steps to applying for scholarships.

  October 9, 2017 – November 27​, 2017 – Submit New Student Scholarship Application<https://cos.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com/CMXAdmin/Cmx_Content.aspx?cpId=496>.

Admissions Application – Submit College of the Sequoias Application for Admission<https://www.opencccapply.net/cccapply-welcome?cccMisCode=561>.
*Fall 2018 incoming (first-time) students – You do not have to submit your Application for Admission before submitting your Scholarship Application. However, failure to complete both applications by their corresponding due dates can jeopardize your opportunities for scholarships. For assistance, please see our Incoming COS Students Scholarship Tutorial<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdy0NzDecEY&feature=youtu.be>.

To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin: