[MWHS Daily Bulletin] Daily Bulletin 09/13/17

Mount Whitney High School Daily Bulletin mwhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Tue Sep 12 15:10:48 PDT 2017

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]Mt. Whitney High School[cid:image002.jpg at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]

A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers!
Go Pioneers!
September 13, 2017
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]

Daily Bulletin

  [cid:image004.jpg at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]                        Wednesday - September 13, 2017 [cid:image004.jpg at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]
Wednesday  Regular Schedule
Period 0

7:20

-   8:17

57 minutes

Period 1

8:23

-   9:20

57 minutes

Period 2

9:26

-   10:29

63 minutes

Period 3

10:35

-   11:32

57 minutes

Period 4

11:38

-   12:35

57 minutes

Lunch

12:35

-   1:15

40 minutes

Period 5

  1:21

-   2:18

57 minutes

Period 6

2:24

-   3:21

57 minutes

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]Student Notes[cid:image006.jpg at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]

1. Are you looking for an elective class? Come by B-27 and find out what Drama has to offer! It doesn't matter if you are shy and quiet, or extremely outgoing, Drama may be the class for you! Stop by B-27 for more info!

2. ID Cards- Returning students who did NOT get an ID at Pioneer Day or Freshman Orientation will get their ID during picture make ups on September 26th.

3. Picture Retakes are scheduled for September 26, 2017 - Grades 9-11 in the Visitors Team Room,    8:00am-12:00pm.
4. Do you want to get into Home Games for Free? And get major discounts on dance tickets? Buy an ASB sticker for $30 and save money. ASB stickers are now being sold in the Finance office. They will be sold all year long.

5. Students interested in taking the PSAT, please see Mr. Turney in the counseling office before school, during lunch, or after school. The test cost $16 and fee waivers are available for Juniors only.

6. CSF members who qualify for at least 4 semesters in high school will earn Life Membership, front row seats at graduation, gold cords, a gold tassel and the honor of attending a luncheon at the Convention Center during your senior year.
7. Do you want free donuts and the chance to be on TV? If so come to our early morning Homecoming Rally on Friday September 22 from 5-7 am. Doors will open at 4:15am. Admin will be providing donuts. The whole rally will be televised by channel 47, and we need as many people as we can to come to show that MWHS is the best school in town, as El Diamante will also be televised that morning as well. Wear maroon, and come ready to show your school spirit. Hope to see you there.

8. Come by Amaral at lunchtime to buy a new Maroon Platoon tshirt for only $10!
9. Show your school sport and dress up during Homecoming week- September 18-22nd. The theme this year is "Home Sweet Homecoming" and the dress up days are as follows:

Monday- Double Bubble Day (twin day)

Tuesday- Sweet Dreams (Pajama day)

Wednesday- Smarties Day (Dress like a nerd)

Thursday- Payday (Dress up as your future career)

Friday- Spirit Day

[cid:image007.png at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]Sports [cid:image007.png at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]
                                  SPORTS BULLETIN

SPORTS BULLETIN

Team picture dates:  Girls Tennis, Monday, Sept. 25; Volleyball, Thursday, Sept. 28; Boys and girls cross country, Friday, Sept. 29; Boys and girls water polo, Thursday, Oct. 12. Girls Golf, TBD, and

[cid:image008.png at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]

Club Notes

1.   Attention FFA members- Come out to our monthly FFA meeting on Thursday, September 21st at 4:00PM in the cafeteria.  We will have food and ice breakers.  Hope to see you there!

2.   GSA will meet this Thursday at lunch in J-14.  All are welcome!

3.   Band Club we need to finalize homecoming decisions, this Friday during lunch.

4.   The French Club will be having a meeting Wednesday, September 13th at lunch, (12:50) in room H-6.  Bring your shirt design for a crepe.

5.   Important Glee Club meeting on Wednesday, September 13th, in J-12 at lunch.  Meeting will only be 15 minutes long.  Hope to see you there.

6.   Attention medical careers club members: Club pictures will be Thursday at the oak tree at 12:40pm, and then we will have a short meeting to follow in U-3. Wednesday-Friday after school in U-3 we will meet to make our booth for the homecoming carnival. Hope to see you there, thank you! Nurse Julie.

7.   FCA- Meeting number 2 is here!  Come to S-12 for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting today during lunch!  We will have our very own MW alumni here to share his testimony.  Don't miss out and bring a friend.  See you there.

[cid:image009.jpg at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]  Senior Notes [cid:image010.jpg at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]

None at this time

[cid:image011.png at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]College Visit Sign-ups [cid:image012.png at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]
Juniors and Seniors: Concordia University Of Irvine will be on campus, Wednesday September 13th, during 2nd period. If you are interested in attending, you must sign up in the counseling office with Ms. Herrera.

Juniors and Seniors: UCLA will be on campus, Thursday, September 14th, during 4th period. If you are interested in attending, you must sign up in the counseling office with Ms. Herrera.

[cid:image013.jpg at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]Senior Scholarships [cid:image014.jpg at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]

To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin:

Have questions regarding the bulletin? Contact:
Veronica Reyes, MWHS

vreyes at vusd.org<mailto:vreyes at vusd.org>

[cid:image015.jpg at 01D32BD9.50D2B480]

Veronica Reyes