[MWHS Daily Bulletin] Faculty Bulletin 1-18-18

Mount Whitney High School Daily Bulletin mwhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Wed Jan 17 16:02:24 PST 2018

MT. WHITNEY HIGH SCHOOL's
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D38FAC.908A83A0]
Daily FACULTY Bulletin

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D38FAC.908A83A0]

January 18, 2018

WHAT'S BELOW:

*       Information & Announcements

*       Bell Schedules This Week

*       Highlights from the MW Master Calendar

*       Class of 2018 Important Upcoming Dates

*       Calendar of Events

INFORMATION & ANNOUNCEMENTS

*        ADJUNCT DUTY SIGN-UPS.
Remember to sign up to help out at the different events that will be held this school year.  Mr. Hamilton has shared the following spreadsheet    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QXQH3ks78xnq4xTgeczERN3k0Jq_LaKkHwDjZn3ihmM/edit#gid=1457028434

*        Where you will find the dates and events listed.  We ask that you sign up for at least 2 per semester.  If you have any questions, please contact Veronica Reyes.  Thank you in advance for all the time and support you provide to Mt. Whitney and her students.

*        SUNSHINE DUES:

STAFF, ONCE AGAIN I AM GETTING THE SUNSHINE CLUB SET UP:)  FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE NOT AWARE OF WHAT THIS IS, LET ME FILL YOU IN.  THE MONEY THAT IS COLLECTED IS MEANT TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR US AS A STAFF, TO SUPPORT ANYONE OF US WHO SUFFERS A HARDSHIP OR DEATH IN our FAMILY.  What you want to contribute is up to you, just know anything and everything is greatly appreciated:)  if you would like to contribute please come see me.  Our carry over from last year is 48 cents:)

*       NURSE PASSES:

The Nurse is requiring students to bring a pass in when they need to go to the Nurse's Office, even during passing period.   It may add a bit of inconvenience, but hopefully it will help curb the frequent flyers and unnecessary time away from class.

*       PBIS YARD SALE:

PRIDE yard sale will be held on February 3rd at the North parking lot from 7:00am-1:00pm!  We are still excepting donations so please deliver them to B24.  For larger items, please call for pick up.  Tell your friends and family!! We continue to thank you for your support!

*       Voluntary Complementary Staff Retirement Staff Luncheon
Sarah Nichols from Teachers Pension would like to visit our school on Friday, January 19th starting at 11:00am for a Voluntary Complementary Staff Retirement Staff Luncheon.   Teacher Pension represents our district approved vendors # 1036 National Life Group Life Insurance of the Southwest (LSW).  The luncheon will include a 10 minute educational presentation for all staff (Certificated & Classified). If any of the staff is interested in scheduling a one on one appointment they can do so at that time. We can provide a Pension Report and Gap Analysis for each member of the staff upon request. We will teach them how to pay off debt with their 403B and how to contribute to their retirement without affecting their take home pay along with many other services.  One week prior, an email will be forwarded to all staff where you can RSVP and do a meal selection.

*       L4 concerns:

Teacher please remember that you need to be with your students in the L4 lab at all times. If you are not present they need to wait outside until you arrive. We have had some issues with trash and drinks in the Lab area.  Also, we have had to fix 3 keyboards and re connect mice to the computers. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with using the Lab and the rules that apply.

*       PRIDE Student Nomination:

Below is the link to a Google Form to nominate students as Pioneer PRIDE Student of the Month for January.  Please take a moment between now and the Thursday, January 25 at noon to nominate students who exhibited Pioneer PRIDE (Positivity, Respect, Integrity, Determination, Engagement) during the month of January. Nominees will be recognized with a letter sent home and winners will be recognized at the next rally. Thank you for your help!

https://goo.gl/forms/YAmUp5yRFvsTAMIY2

BELL SCHEDULES THIS WEEK

Tuesday-Friday (Regular) Bell Schedule
Period 0

7:20

-    8:17

57 minutes

Period 1

8:23

-    9:20

57 minutes

Period 2

9:26

-    10:29

63 minutes

Period 3

10:35

-    11:32

57 minutes

Period 4

11:38

-    12:35

57 minutes

Lunch

12:35

-    1:15

40 minutes

Period 5

1:21

-    2:18

57 minutes

Period 6

2:24

-    3:21

57 minutes

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

January 1
Break

2
Break

3
Break

4
Break

5
Break

6

7

8

School Resumes

9

Board Meeting

10

11

12

13

14

15
Martin Luther King Holiday- NO SCHOOL

16

17

18

19

Report Cards Issued

20

21

22

23

24

25

26

Winter Sports Rally

27

28

29

Minimum Day/ Site Staff Development

30

31

February 1

Grad Night Ticket Sales

2

Grad Night Ticket Sales

3

4

5

Grad Night Ticket Sales

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

Staff Development/Lincoln's Bday-Holiday- NO STUDENTS

13

14

15

Musical Performance- LJ Williams

16

Musical Performance- LJ Williams

17

Musical Performance- LJ Williams

18

19

President's Day Holiday-NO SCHOOL

20

Academic Letters @ LJ Williams

21

22

23

Battle of the Classes Rally

24

25

26

27
8th Grade Visits
8th Grade Parent Night
Open House @ 6:00pm

28

Choir @ LJ Williams

March 1

2

3

Sadie Hawkins Dance @ MWHS

Mt. Whitney High School

Class of 2018

IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES

*       Pioneer Day - Aug. 3rd

*        School IDs - Aug. 3rd

*        Senior Sunrise - August 10th

*        First Day of School - August 10th

*        Senior Yearbook Makeup Pictures - Sept. 6th & 7th

*        Homecoming Week - Sept. 12-16

*        Homecoming - Sept. 18-22nd

*        Senior Group Photo - Oct. 17th

*        Moonlight Harvest Dance - October 7th @ EDHS

*        Cap and Gown Orders - Nov. 2nd

*        Cowhide Week - Oct. 30th - Nov. 3rd

*        Cowhide - Nov. 3rd

*        Winter Formal - Dec. 2nd @ MWHS Gym (RWHS Host)

*        Finals 1st Semester - Dec. 13-15th

*        Grad Night Ticket Sales - TBA

*        Academic Letters Night - Feb. 20th

*        Sadie Hawkins Dance - March 3rd @ MWHS

*        Mr. Pioneer Week - Mar. 12-16

*        Mr. Pioneer - Mar. 16th

*        Senior Caps and Gowns handed out - TBA

*        AP Tests - May 7-18th (check with Counseling Office for specific test dates)

*        Scholarship Awards Night - May 1st @ Rotary Theatre

*        Prom - May 12th @ Convention Center

*        Senior Slideshow and BBQ - May 15th

*        Grad Night - May 16th- 17th

*        Farewell Assembly - May 18th

*        Oak Day - May 18th

*        Senior Sunset - 18th