[MWHS Daily Bulletin] September 17, 2019

Mount Whitney High School Daily Bulletin mwhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Mon Sep 16 14:18:33 PDT 2019

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D56C99.9DFC4750]Mt. Whitney High School[cid:image001.jpg at 01D56C99.9DFC4750]

A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers!

Go Pioneers!
September 17, 2019
[mw logo]

Daily Bulletin

  [cid:image004.jpg at 01D56C99.9DFC4750]              Regular Day- September 17, 2019 [cid:image004.jpg at 01D56C99.9DFC4750]

Tuesday-Friday (Regular) Bell Schedule
Period 0
7:20
-    8:17
57 minutes
Period 1
8:23
-    9:20
57 minutes
Period 2
9:26
-    10:29
63 minutes
Period 3
10:35
-    11:32
57 minutes
Period 4
11:38
-    12:35
57 minutes
Lunch
12:35
-    1:15
40 minutes
Period 5
1:21
-    2:18
57 minutes
Period 6
2:24
-    3:21
57 minutes

?  Attention Bike Riders:  please lock your bikes each day INSIDE the bike rack.  Please do not park them on the outside of the bike rack area.  Thank you.

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D56C99.9DFC4750]Student Notes[cid:image005.jpg at 01D56C99.9DFC4750]

1. Landed a job and need a work permit?  Come to the front office and pick up an application with Mrs. Reyes

2. Juniors and Seniors- We are in need of Scicon counselors, If you are interested and want more information, please see Ms. Herrera in the counseling office (L-2).

3. Retake Picture day is October 2nd from 8:00am- 12:00pm in the Visitors Team Room.  This is for students who missed Freshman Orientation, Pioneer Day, or Make Up Picture Day.  If you are retaking your picture, you will only be able to if you turn in your picture packet to the photographer.

4. Juniors- Jostens Orders can be placed on TOMORROW during lunch in the quad.

6. Attention Juniors and Seniors: Are you interested in developing Leadership Skills? Could you use Paid Summer Work Experience? #LEAD is a free college and career readiness program that has wonderful opportunities for you! Meet youth from other Visalia schools, embark on University field trips, and get paid to test out a future career! Space is limited. If interested in applying please pick up an application, or call Amanda Olguin, CSET Youth Coordinator, for more information at 713-5148
8. MW Bands & Color Guard Annual Tri Tip Dinner is on Sept. 30th/  Drive thru pick up only 5-7pm @ Grace Lutheran Church. Tickets on sale now from Band and Color Guard, Band Boosters and/or Ms. Bettencourt

[MC900446010[1]]

Club Notes

1.     Anime Club meeting will be every Thursday in Rm. H4 during lunch.

2.     The Interact Club will be meeting in J-8 during lunch TOMORROW.

3.     HOSA Officers and Class Representatives: there will be an executive committee meeting for officers and class representatives ONLY -TOMORROW, in room H-5 at lunch. We will discuss officer duties, by-laws, upcoming events, and create an agenda for our next meeting. If you haven't paid your membership fee, drop it by room H-5 as soon as possible so that we may register you with HOSA online.

4.     There is an FCA meeting today at lunch in M-6! Come join us for free food and a great speaker! Everyone is welcome to join.

[cid:image007.jpg at 01D56C99.9DFC4750]  Senior Notes [cid:image007.jpg at 01D56C99.9DFC4750]

1.     Seniors planning on applying to any California State University campus, come and sign up in L-2 to meet with our Fresno State Ambassador Steven Kirkpatrick!  He will be in the counseling office TODAY from 9:00-2:-00.  He will be here every other Tuesday after that.  Come and meet him, and let him help you with your CSU application!  Sign-ups are in L-2 starting today.  See Mrs. Sarabian for any questions.

2.     SENIORS, WE NEED YOU! You have all been sent an invitation to join our Yearbook Google Classroom which we will use for communicating with just seniors. Check it out NOW and use it to vote on this year's Senior Superlatives. Who's the Most Likely to Glow Up? You tell us! Votes will be accepted through September 27th. If you are having trouble getting to our Google Classroom, come to Room B-207 and we will help you work it out.

[cid:image008.png at 01D56C99.9DFC4750]College Visit Sign-ups [cid:image009.png at 01D56C99.9DFC4750]

1.    Juniors and Seniors: Fresno Pacific University will be on campus, Tuesday, TODAY during 2nd period in the Library. If you are interested in attending, please see Ms. Herrera in the counseling office.

2.      Juniors and Seniors: Pomona College will be on campus TODAY during 4th period in the Library. If you are interested in attending, please see Ms. Herrera in the counseling office.

[cid:image010.jpg at 01D56C99.9DFC4750]Senior Scholarships [cid:image011.jpg at 01D56C99.9DFC4750]

Not at the time

To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin: