[MWHS Daily Bulletin] Daily Bulletin - Oct 13, 2021 - Ver. 2

Mount Whitney High School Daily Bulletin mwhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Tue Oct 12 15:55:17 PDT 2021

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7BF81.8C2E4D10]Mt. Whitney High School[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7BF81.8C2E4D10]

A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers!

Go Pioneers!
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
[Picture Of The Word October Surrounded By Leaves - October Clipart, HD Png  Download , Transparent Png Image - PNGitem]
[cid:image003.png at 01D7BF81.8C2E4D10]

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D7BF81.8C2E4D10]Student Notes[cid:image004.jpg at 01D7BF81.8C2E4D10]

1. Landed a job and need a work permit?  Come to the front office and pick up an application with Mrs. Reyes

2. Come hang out after school with XL!!! At XL, you can make new friends, get snack and food service, access our computer lab, get tutoring, discover new hobbies, and play video games.
3. Interested in the Military?  Want to start talking to a recruiter about your future?  Before you decide to venture off into a path that will lead you to great success come by S14 and talk with Master Sergeant Cervantes.  I will do my best to answer as many questions as possible about the military and a military life.  Whether you want to serve your country or gain educational benefits, come by and ask as many questions as possible.  If you are not sure about what questions to ask a potential recruiter, this is the place to find your answers.
 4. Attention Mt. Whitney Pioneers-Our annual homecoming week has been changed to October 18th -22nd. To get all students involved and excited for the week are happy to announce our dress up week called "Lights, Camera, Action" These are the following dress up days for the week 10/18-10/22:

Monday- Clueless(90's fashion)

Tuesday- Austin powers(hippie day)

Wednesday-couples costumes(famous couples)

Thursday-Harry Potter(class colors)

Friday-Friday night lights

5. Juniors and Seniors- Scicon is back!! We are looking for Scicon Counselors for Pinkham from October 18th-21st, 3 boys.  We also need Scicon Counselors for Annie R Mitchell from Oct. 25th-Oct. 28th, 3 girls and 2 boys as well as Liberty Elementary from Oct. 25th - 28th, 2 boys. We have most counselors signed up. Must have good academic standing, good attendance and no to very little discipline, good role model in every sense of the word, and ability to provide a safe social environment to students at all times.  If this is You, please see Mrs. Reyes for an application and further instructions before school, during lunch, or after school.

6.  Join XL for a month of Halloween fun!

On the October 19th come to our Halloween Paint Night - where you will learn to paint your own Halloween themed painting. On October 26th come decorate a pumpkin that you can take home just in time for Halloween!

7."XL is expanding Morning Tutoring times. Meet in room M6 Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7am to 8am and Every Monday 7am to 9am in room S-11 for tutoring assistance

8. Attention AP students the AP store is open for you to pay for your AP exam.  If you do not pay by the November 8th deadline, an AP exam will not be ordered for you and you will not be able to test in May.  Please see Ms. Violet Chavez in the finance office.  For questions about AP ordering and registration, please reach out to Mrs. Hernandez in the counseling office.

[MC900446010[1]]

Club Notes

1. Earth Aid meetings will be held on Thursdays, starting next week to avoid conflicts with other lunch meetings. Please bring your lunch and a friend...we will continue our recycling efforts! 12:50 in H-1.

[cid:image007.jpg at 01D7BF81.8C2E4D10]  Senior Notes [cid:image008.jpg at 01D7BF81.8C2E4D10]
NONE AT THIS TIME
[cid:image009.png at 01D7BF81.8C2E4D10]College Visit Sign-ups [cid:image010.png at 01D7BF81.8C2E4D10]
NONE AT THIS TIME

[cid:image011.jpg at 01D7BF81.8C2E4D10]Senior Scholarships [cid:image012.jpg at 01D7BF81.8C2E4D10]

To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin:

https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/DwrkClY9olh29LCGyuqt?domain=mailman.visalia.k12.ca.us
Have questions regarding the bulletin? Contact:

Veronica Reyes, MWHS

vreyes at vusd.org<mailto:vreyes at vusd.org>