[MWHS Daily Bulletin] Daily Bulletin- Oct 18, 2021

Mount Whitney High School Daily Bulletin mwhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Fri Oct 15 16:05:55 PDT 2021

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7C1DE.87FB41D0]Mt. Whitney High School[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7C1DE.87FB41D0]

A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers!

Go Pioneers!
Monday, October 18, 2021
[Picture Of The Word October Surrounded By Leaves - October Clipart, HD Png  Download , Transparent Png Image - PNGitem]
[cid:image003.png at 01D7C1DE.87FB41D0]

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D7C1DE.87FB41D0]Student Notes[cid:image004.jpg at 01D7C1DE.87FB41D0]
1. Landed a job and need a work permit?  Come to the front office and pick up an application with Mrs. Reyes

2. Interested in the Military?  Want to start talking to a recruiter about your future?  Before you decide to venture off into a path that will lead you to great success come by S14 and talk with Master Sergeant Cervantes.  I will do my best to answer as many questions as possible about the military and a military life.  Whether you want to serve your country or gain educational benefits, come by and ask as many questions as possible.  If you are not sure about what questions to ask a potential recruiter, this is the place to find your answers.
3. Student replacement IDs are $10.  Please go the finance center for a half sheet with instructions.
4.
 [cid:image005.jpg at 01D7C1DE.87FB41D0] .

5. Attention Mt. Whitney Pioneers-Our annual homecoming week has been changed to October 18th -22nd . To get all students involved and excited for the week are happy to announce our dress up week called "Lights, Camera, Action" These are the following dress up days for the week 10/18-10/22:

Monday- Clueless(90's fashion)

Tuesday- Austin powers(hippie day)

Wednesday-couples costumes(famous couples)

Thursday-Harry potter(class colors)

Friday-Friday night lights

6. Juniors and Seniors- Scicon is back!! We are looking for Scicon Counselors for Annie R Mitchell from Oct. 25th-Oct. 28th, 2 boys as well as Liberty Elementary from Oct. 25th - 28th, 2 boys. We have most counselors signed up. Please see Mrs. Reyes to see if you qualify for an application before school, during lunch, or after school.

7. Join XL for a month of Halloween fun!

On the October 19th come to our Halloween Paint Night - where you will learn to paint your own Halloween themed painting.

On October 26th come decorate a pumpkin that you can take home just in time for Halloween!

8. Students, Please help us keep the school clean by throwing away all trash in the trash cans.  Let's show our Pioneer Pride.

9. If you know anyone who is vandalizing our restrooms, please report any information to the front office.  Reports will remain confidential.

10. Pioneers! Mt. Whitney High School is offering current Juniors and Seniors the opportunity to take the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) Test on November 17. This test is free and it is a great way to identify skill strengths and explore career ideas! You can find more information about the test here: https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/KKNNCo2groCVOqi1k1i1?domain=asvabprogram.com . The deadline to sign up is November 12th and only those who sign up will be allowed to test. Sign up on the link below.
https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/CU7rCpYjvph0YMFD2UEK?domain=forms.gle

11.  ASB is selling Pink Out Shirts for the Oct. 22 game vs. Lemoore. All profits will be donated to a Breast Cancer organization in honor of Mrs. Paim. T-shirts are $10.00 and can be purchased at Amaral during lunch or at the football game.

Mooooo. It's that time again Cowhide Spirit week Oct. 25-29.  Get your outfits ready for Cowhide Week's Dress up Days.

Monday-Olympic rings - Class Colors (Seniors/white, Juniors/green, Sophomores/red, Freshmen/yellow)

Tuesday-Pre-Game Hype - Dress to impress

Wednesday-Going for gold - Dress in gold, silver, bronze, glitter

Thursday-Scare Out the nerves - Dress up in your halloween costume

Friday --Gameday/Showdown/The Big Match - Spirit day

12. Interested in attendance recovery or having time to complete missing assignments? Is your teacher planning a time to come in to provide extra help? Join us for Saturday Academy, Saturday October 23rd from 8:00am-12:15. Check in with your teachers to see if any of them are planning to participate and sign up with them by Monday October 18th. If you don't have a teacher that will be attending and you still want to come, sign up with Mrs. Bostwick in the counseling office. All sign-ups for the next Saturday Academy need to be in by Monday, October 18th

13. Attention AP students, the AP store is open for you to pay for your AP exam.  If you do not pay by the November 8th deadline, an AP exam will not be ordered for you and you will not be able to test in May.  Please see Ms. Violet Chavez in the finance office.  For questions about AP ordering and registration, please reach out to Mrs. Hernandez in the counseling office.

14. XL will be having all tutoring in the library from now on. For our morning, it will run 7am-8am Tuesday thru Friday. After-school hours 3:30pm to 5:30pm, if you need tutoring please go to the Library.

15. Musical is starting! Auditions for Mamma Mia begin Monday, October 18. Come by the drama room or the main office to pick up an audition packet. Any student can audition you don't need experience or any special skills.

________________________________

[MC900446010[1]]

Club Notes

  1.  Earth Aid meetings will be held on Thursdays, starting next week to avoid conflicts with other lunch meetings. Please bring your lunch and a friend...we will continue our recycling efforts! 12:50 in H-1

  1.  PLS, which is the poetry club, will meet Tuesday on October 19th in J5 at lunch.

  1.  Interested in joining Key Club?  It is not too late.  Our first meeting will be on Thursday the 21st of October.  Bring your lunch to room J-12.  Mrs. Tanner-Jewell will provide cookies for desert.  The meeting will start at 12:45. We will make introductions and elect officers.  Come join the fun and get involved in a great club that strives to make a difference.

  1.  Pioneer Partners are meeting Tuesday, Oct. 19th during lunch in G-4.  We will be making our boo grams.  Nacho's will be provided, along with bottled water and cookies.  Hope to see you there.  Mrs. Allan

[cid:image007.jpg at 01D7C1DE.87FB41D0]  Senior Notes [cid:image008.jpg at 01D7C1DE.87FB41D0]

  1.  Time to order your Cap and Gown!!  Jostens packets were distributed to your Civics or Economics teacher.  If you do not have Civics or Economics, please stop by the Front Office, Attendance Office, Counseling Office, or Library for a packet.
[cid:image009.png at 01D7C1DE.87FB41D0]College Visit Sign-ups [cid:image010.png at 01D7C1DE.87FB41D0]
NONE AT THIS TIME

[cid:image011.jpg at 01D7C1DE.87FB41D0]Senior Scholarships [cid:image012.jpg at 01D7C1DE.87FB41D0]

To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin:

https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/rbVcCqxk0qSyq0FQcbDc?domain=mailman.visalia.k12.ca.us
Have questions regarding the bulletin? Contact:

Veronica Reyes, MWHS

vreyes at vusd.org<mailto:vreyes at vusd.org>