[MWHS Daily Bulletin] Daily Bulletin- Sept 2, 2021

Mount Whitney High School Daily Bulletin mwhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Wed Sep 1 16:00:28 PDT 2021

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D79F4A.78D2DBC0]Mt. Whitney High School[cid:image001.jpg at 01D79F4A.78D2DBC0]

A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers!

Go Pioneers!
Thursday, September 2, 2021
[296CEA9A]
[cid:image003.png at 01D79F4A.78D2DBC0]

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D79F4A.78D2DBC0]Student Notes[cid:image004.jpg at 01D79F4A.78D2DBC0]

1. Landed a job and need a work permit?  Come to the front office and pick up an application with Mrs. Reyes

2. Come hang out after school with XL!!! At XL, you can make new friends, get snack and food service, access our computer lab, get tutoring, discover new hobbies, and play video games.
3. Interested in the Military?  Want to start talking to a recruiter about your future?  Before you decide to venture off into a path that will lead you to great success come by S14 and talk with Master Sergeant Cervantes.  I will do my best to answer as many questions as possible about the military and a military life.  Whether you want to serve your country or gain educational benefits, come by and ask as many questions as possible.  If you are not sure about what questions to ask a potential recruiter, this is the place to find your answers.
4. Still need a math class?  What to talk about sports and statistics?  Sign up for Sports Statistics.  See your counselor about it.  Offered 4th and 5th period.
5. If you need a place to go after school (whether for homework or just a place to stay until they leave) you can come to the XL office S-11 instead of the library.
6. XL will be starting our after-school Weight Training Class Monday 8/23/21 starting at 3:30pm and ending at 6pm.  If you plan to attend, be sure to bring comfortable clothing and closed toe shoes. No sandals or bare feet are allowed.
7. Interested in playing percussion? Join the Mt. Whitney Drumline by enrolling in the percussion class. Percussion is open to all students including those that have no experience playing percussion. You will be taught everything you need to know to be successful on a percussive instrument. To join drumline, see your counselor to add. If you'd like more information, see Ms. Bettencourt in N3.

8. XL Weight Training with David and Gloria is back! Starting at 3:30pm Monday thru Friday. Make sure to stop by, get registered with XL, and start your training regimen! Also, if you need help with your English homework. Head over to G3 to receive tutoring Mr. Sheltzer every Monday and Wednesday from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
9. Yearbooks are on sale now!  The lowest price of the year, $85, is only available until Sept. 3.  Books can be purchased online at Jostens.com or by paying in cash or check in room B-207.  Contact Mr. Hemphill in room B-207 if you have any questions.
10. Beginning Wednesday 8/25, students must provide a current school ID in order to leave campus for lunch.   For those students who have not yet taken their photo, they may provide us with their ID number until retakes on September 20th.   After September 20th, all students must provide a current school photo ID in order to leave campus at lunch.
11. XL is open after school from the final bell until 6pm. We currently offer English tutoring in room G3 Monday & Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:30pm. We have the Weight Room open from 3:21 to 6pm Monday thru Friday where we run competitions with a chance to win gift cards. Also, you can come hang out in room S-11 to finish homework, play games, or every Friday we host a movie night. Stop by room S-11 to ask XL for additional information.
12. Make Up Picture Day will be held on Sept. 20th in the Visitors Team Room behind the gym at the beginning of 1st period.  Only students who did not attend Pioneer Day, Freshman Orientation and are new to MW will be allowed to take a picture and receive an ID.  Retakes will not be allowed. We will pull you from class so please be in class.  IF you have not been pulled from class by lunch time, please go to Visitors Team Room at that time.
13.
[cid:image005.jpg at 01D79F4A.78D2DBC0]

________________________________

[MC900446010[1]]

Club Notes

  1.  Mock Trial is back this year and ready to get fired up! If you're interested in a unique opportunity to improve your public speaking skills, want to meet real lawyers (and learn from the best), enjoy solving mysteries, have a passion for the legal system, or just want to make some new friends please see Mr. Sheltzer in G-3! We usually start the final week in September; also look for us in the quad during Club Rush
  2.  How would you like to be included in a club?  Fellowship of Christian Athletes will be meeting soon.  If you have questions, come by M-6 and see Mr. Neal.

[cid:image007.jpg at 01D79F4A.78D2DBC0]  Senior Notes [cid:image008.jpg at 01D79F4A.78D2DBC0]

  1.  SAVE THE DATE- Essence Photography will be on campus Sept. 8th and Sept. 9th in the Visitors Team Room.  Detailed information will become available closer to the date.

[cid:image009.png at 01D79F4A.78D2DBC0]College Visit Sign-ups [cid:image010.png at 01D79F4A.78D2DBC0]
NONE AT THIS TIME

[cid:image011.jpg at 01D79F4A.78D2DBC0]Senior Scholarships [cid:image012.jpg at 01D79F4A.78D2DBC0]

To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin: