[MWHS Daily Bulletin] Daily Bulletin- Sept 7, 2021

Mount Whitney High School Daily Bulletin mwhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Fri Sep 3 15:59:43 PDT 2021

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7A0DC.B4A01BC0]Mt. Whitney High School[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7A0DC.B4A01BC0]

A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers!

Go Pioneers!
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
[296CEA9A]
[cid:image003.png at 01D7A0DC.B4A01BC0]

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D7A0DC.B4A01BC0]Student Notes[cid:image004.jpg at 01D7A0DC.B4A01BC0]

1. Landed a job and need a work permit?  Come to the front office and pick up an application with Mrs. Reyes

2. Come hang out after school with XL!!! At XL, you can make new friends, get snack and food service, access our computer lab, get tutoring, discover new hobbies, and play video games.
3. Interested in the Military?  Want to start talking to a recruiter about your future?  Before you decide to venture off into a path that will lead you to great success come by S14 and talk with Master Sergeant Cervantes.  I will do my best to answer as many questions as possible about the military and a military life.  Whether you want to serve your country or gain educational benefits, come by and ask as many questions as possible.  If you are not sure about what questions to ask a potential recruiter, this is the place to find your answers.
4. If you need a place to go after school (whether for homework or just a place to stay until they leave) you can come to the XL office S-11 instead of the library.
5. XL will be starting our after-school Weight Training Class Monday 8/23/21 starting at 3:30pm and ending at 6pm.  If you plan to attend, be sure to bring comfortable clothing and closed toe shoes. No sandals or bare feet are allowed.

6. XL Weight Training with David and Gloria is back! Starting at 3:30pm Monday thru Friday. Make sure to stop by, get registered with XL, and start your training regimen! Also, if you need help with your English homework. Head over to G3 to receive tutoring Mr. Sheltzer every Monday and Wednesday from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
7. Beginning Wednesday 8/25, students must provide a current school ID in order to leave campus for lunch.   For those students who have not yet taken their photo, they may provide us with their ID number until retakes on September 20th.   After September 20th, all students must provide a current school photo ID in order to leave campus at lunch.
8. XL is open after school from the final bell until 6pm. We currently offer English tutoring in room G3 Monday & Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:30pm. We have the Weight Room open from 3:21 to 6pm Monday thru Friday where we run competitions with a chance to win gift cards. Also, you can come hang out in room S-11 to finish homework, play games, or every Friday we host a movie night. Stop by room S-11 to ask XL for additional information.
9. Make Up Picture Day will be held on Sept. 20th in the Visitors Team Room behind the gym at the beginning of 1st period.  Only students who did not attend Pioneer Day, Freshman Orientation and are new to MW will be allowed to take a picture and receive an ID.  Retakes will not be allowed. We will pull you from class so please be in class.  IF you have not been pulled from class by lunch time, please go to Visitors Team Room at that time.
10.
[cid:image005.jpg at 01D7A0DC.B4A01BC0]

11. Attention Mt. Whitney pioneers we will be hosting our annual club rush the week of September 7-10. Club Rush days will be Wednesday, Sept 8th and Thursday, Sept 9th at lunch.  Come out and sign up for a club for 2021-22.  To get everyone excited for the week, ASB is happy to announce our dress up week called "Back to School Binge". These are the following dress up days for the week 9/7-9/10:

Monday: NO SCHOOL

Tuesday- All American (wear jerseys)

Wednesday- College day (wear a college t-shirt)

Thursday- Outerbanks kooks vs pouges (beach vs preppy attire)

Friday- SPIRIT DAY (wear Whitney gear)

12. Confused on what you need to do to prepare for college?  XL is hosting our "Mapping Out College" workshop. It is for ALL grade levels Freshmen to Seniors. We will go over what you need to be getting done each year in order to be on the right path to go to college.   Join XL on September 23rd at 3:30pm in Room S-11 - September 23rd at 3:30pm in Room S-11

________________________________

[MC900446010[1]]

Club Notes

  1.  Mock Trial is back this year and ready to get fired up! If you're interested in a unique opportunity to improve your public speaking skills, want to meet real lawyers (and learn from the best), enjoy solving mysteries, have a passion for the legal system, or just want to make some new friends please see Mr. Sheltzer in G-3! We usually start the final week in September; also look for us in the quad during Club Rush
  2.  How would you like to be included in a club?  Fellowship of Christian Athletes will be meeting soon.  If you have questions, come by M-6 and see Mr. Neal.

  1.  Earth Aid: We will hold our first Earth Aide Meeting of the year at Lunch on Tuesday, September 7th in room H-1. We will have a guest speaker who will speak about local environmental challenges and how to help restore our local preserves: The Kaweah Oaks Preserve, The Dry Creek Preserve and the Blue Oaks Preserve.  Please bring your lunch and a friend. The meeting will begin at 12:45.  Remember to come see at Club Rush in the Quad on Sept. 9th, 2021!

[cid:image007.jpg at 01D7A0DC.B4A01BC0]  Senior Notes [cid:image008.jpg at 01D7A0DC.B4A01BC0]

  1.  SAVE THE DATE- Essence Photography will be on campus Sept. 8th and Sept. 9th in the Visitors Team Room.  Detailed information will become available closer to the date.

[cid:image009.png at 01D7A0DC.B4A01BC0]College Visit Sign-ups [cid:image010.png at 01D7A0DC.B4A01BC0]
NONE AT THIS TIME

[cid:image011.jpg at 01D7A0DC.B4A01BC0]Senior Scholarships [cid:image012.jpg at 01D7A0DC.B4A01BC0]

To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin: