[MWHS Daily Bulletin] Daily Bulletin- Sept 16, 2021

Mount Whitney High School Daily Bulletin mwhs-bulletin at mailman.vusd.org
Thu Sep 16 07:52:25 PDT 2021

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7AACF.C91A1180]Mt. Whitney High School[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7AACF.C91A1180]

A California Distinguished School & Home of the Pioneers!

Go Pioneers!
Thursday, September 16, 2021
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D7AACF.C91A1180][296CEA9A]

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D7AACF.C91A1180]Student Notes[cid:image005.jpg at 01D7AACF.C91A1180]

1. Landed a job and need a work permit?  Come to the front office and pick up an application with Mrs. Reyes

2. Come hang out after school with XL!!! At XL, you can make new friends, get snack and food service, access our computer lab, get tutoring, discover new hobbies, and play video games.
3. Interested in the Military?  Want to start talking to a recruiter about your future?  Before you decide to venture off into a path that will lead you to great success come by S14 and talk with Master Sergeant Cervantes.  I will do my best to answer as many questions as possible about the military and a military life.  Whether you want to serve your country or gain educational benefits, come by and ask as many questions as possible.  If you are not sure about what questions to ask a potential recruiter, this is the place to find your answers.
4. Students must provide a current school ID in order to leave campus for lunch.   For those students who have not yet taken their photo, they may provide us with their ID number until retakes on September 20th.   After September 20th, all students must provide a current school photo ID in order to leave campus at lunch.
5. Make Up Picture Day will be held on Monday, Sept. 20th in the Visitors Team Room in front of the gym at the beginning of 1st period.  Only students who did not attend Pioneer Day, Freshman Orientation and are new to MW will be allowed to take a picture and receive an ID.  Retakes will not be allowed. We will pull you from class so please be in class.  IF you have not been pulled from class by lunch time, please go to the front of the gym at that time.
6.
[cid:image006.jpg at 01D7AACF.C91A1180]
7. Confused on what you need to do to prepare for college?  XL is hosting our "Mapping Out College" workshop. It is for ALL grade levels Freshmen to Seniors. We will go over what you need to be getting done each year in order to be on the right path to go to college.   Join XL on September 23rd at 3:30pm in Room S-11 - September 23rd at 3:30pm in Room S-11
8. STUDENT ATHLETES!... XL is hosting Morning tutoring sessions from 7am to 9am every Monday. Please attend to ensure you can keep dominating the competition all season long! XL is also starting a Baseball Program. Come to room S-11 to find out more
9. ASB Sticker-Sale will resume this Thursday and Friday at lunch.  ASB stickers are $30.00 and get you into home games for free. Student Admission to Gym or Stadium is $5.00, so if you go to 6 home games you get your money's worth. No Refunds on ASB Stickers.
10. Freshman-if you purchased an ASB sticker at Orientation please see the ASB table or the Finance Office.

________________________________

[MC900446010[1]]

Club Notes

  1.  Anyone interested in CSF, Rush Week will be September 20th-24th. Come by our CSF table at Club Rush to pick up an application or see Mrs. Strambi in I-9.

  1.  The GSA meets in J6 next Thursday at lunch. If you signed up, an email reminder will be sent out.

  1.    PLS which is the poetry club will meet Tuesday in J-5 at lunch.

[cid:image008.jpg at 01D7AACF.C91A1180]  Senior Notes [cid:image009.jpg at 01D7AACF.C91A1180]
NOT AT THIS TIME
[cid:image010.png at 01D7AACF.C91A1180]College Visit Sign-ups [cid:image011.png at 01D7AACF.C91A1180]
NONE AT THIS TIME

[cid:image012.jpg at 01D7AACF.C91A1180]Senior Scholarships [cid:image013.jpg at 01D7AACF.C91A1180]

To unsubscribe or subscribe to the Daily Bulletin: